Help req: Problems with up load sites using Zen ISP.

Old May 14th 06, 08:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CheggersPop

Default Help req: Problems with up load sites using Zen ISP.

I have been using yousendit for about the past ten months now without any
problems.

However today I have tried to use it both with FireFox and IE. When I try to
access the site, both FF and IE display the screen showing that the site
cannot be reached, however this happens immediately, rather than 'hanging'
as it sometimes does.

Now, the problem is that if I try and access 'any' web page after this, this
same lack of connection page is shown (in FF it displays the new URL)

Having reset my system several times, I am able to access the web and have
test with some obscure links in my favs/bookmarks and I can access them all,
however if I click the yousendit link, it shows as now being available and
if I then try and access other sites, it also says these are not available.

As I said this is happening with both browers and I have also just tried
megaupload and the same problem is occurring?

Is anyone else having the same problem with upload sites who are using Zen
as an ISP?

TIA,

Chegs.

Old May 14th 06, 09:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 14-May-2006, "CheggersPop" wrote:

As I said this is happening with both browers and I have also just tried
megaupload and the same problem is occurring?

Start - Run - pathping {url} or {dotted IP address}
May work better from a DOS box Command Prompt found
under Programs accessories.
Get the dotted IP address that pathping reports and
enter this as the address in FF, IE, or whatever other
program you are using.
It may of course be that pathping can't reach the
problem addresses, or only occasionally. In which
event you may see where the trace stops.
If dotted IP addresses work, but not URL's, then it
sounds like a DNS problem.
There is also another useful command ipconfig -all
which should report your systems network settings.
The output from both commands can be saved
to a .txt file with command C:\xyz.txt as in
ipconfig -all C:\xyz.txt
Occasionally when I have problems and do
a pathping, it stops at a dotted IP address.
Doing a whois on the this address it resolves to
Tiscali as the owner, it is presumably one of
their gateways.