Pipex DSLSpace Temporarily Unavailable...

Old May 14th 06, 09:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Irma Troll

Default Pipex DSLSpace Temporarily Unavailable...

Is anyone else on Pipex having problems with this?

"DSLSpace Registration Temporarily Unavailable
PIPEX is currently performing essential maintenance on the DSLSpace
platform. Customers who have not already activated their DSLSpace will not
be able to do so during this work.

We fully expect the maintenance to be completed within the next few days so
please check this page regularly for updates.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

Its said that for the past month or so...

Old May 14th 06, 11:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Is anyone else on Pipex having problems with this?

Yes - still getting ****e served up instead of images (JPG and GIF) -
they also appear to have a faulty transparent proxy that serves up old
versions of the pages despite them being updated.

Seriously unimpressed at the moment.
Old May 15th 06, 08:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pete

On Sun, 14 May 2006 21:14:51 +0100, "Irma Troll"
wrote:

Is anyone else on Pipex having problems with this?

"DSLSpace Registration Temporarily Unavailable
PIPEX is currently performing essential maintenance on the DSLSpace
platform. Customers who have not already activated their DSLSpace will not
be able to do so during this work.

We fully expect the maintenance to be completed within the next few days so
please check this page regularly for updates.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

Its said that for the past month or so...

Annoying, isn't it? Especially to a new customer (me) who was led to
believe webspace was part of the shiny new package. I understand
there are maintenance issues etc, but why the hell can't Pipex be
arsed to keep customers properly informed?

They're not alone, of course. Demon never told anybody anything
either.

Perhaps we need some sort of ISP customer union - though it hasn't
done rail travellers much good.....
Old May 15th 06, 08:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DubDriver

"Irma Troll" wrote in message
Is anyone else on Pipex having problems with this?

"DSLSpace Registration Temporarily Unavailable
PIPEX is currently performing essential maintenance on the DSLSpace
platform. Customers who have not already activated their DSLSpace will not
be able to do so during this work.

We fully expect the maintenance to be completed within the next few days
so
please check this page regularly for updates.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

Its said that for the past month or so...

email
James Phillips sorted mine out

Old May 15th 06, 07:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

email

Already tried that, still ****e
Old May 16th 06, 10:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

I emailed Pipex, they implied the problem was sorted. It isn't. How was
yor problem sorted, please?

Thanks,

Stuart

Old May 16th 06, 06:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DubDriver

wrote in message
oups.com...
I emailed Pipex, they implied the problem was sorted. It isn't. How was
yor problem sorted, please?

Had two problems at the same time:

a) Links to files on my webspace from external websites broken i.e eBay
auction pictures url that point to picture of auction item held on my
webspace at Pipex were showing with red x's - url on friends website (not
pipex) that links to music video on mine was broken

That was fixed via email by person I quoted previously & to email address I
gave

b) Unable to ftp upload using Cute, IE or Frontpage

I received response to email but problem still there. Further emails sent
but no reply after 5 days so I telephoned, not much constructive help
offered so asked for supervisor who called back late same evening. I should
have got his name, he was excellent, went through various tests to ascertain
what was causing the problem and everything is fine now.

What problem are you having with your webspace?

Old May 16th 06, 08:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Already tried that, still ****e
Sounds familiar.
Second step pick up the phone.
Explain to firstline person.
Wait for excuses to finish.
Politely but firmly ask for super-visor to call you back.

I can`t complain too hard unfortunately, as I have a couple of
alternative domain names pointed to subdirectories of my site :-}

(one is a temporary gallery for an artist, which as you can imagine is
crap without the images !)
Old May 17th 06, 09:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stuart Bell

DubDriver wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
I emailed Pipex, they implied the problem was sorted. It isn't. How was
yor problem sorted, please?

Had two problems at the same time:

a) Links to files on my webspace from external websites broken i.e eBay
auction pictures url that point to picture of auction item held on my
webspace at Pipex were showing with red x's - url on friends website (not
pipex) that links to music video on mine was broken

That was fixed via email by person I quoted previously & to email address I
gave

I have that one! How did they fix it, please? At their end or yours?

b) Unable to ftp upload using Cute, IE or Frontpage

I received response to email but problem still there. Further emails sent
but no reply after 5 days so I telephoned, not much constructive help
offered so asked for supervisor who called back late same evening. I should
have got his name, he was excellent, went through various tests to ascertain
what was causing the problem and everything is fine now.

I have that, with every ftp client I've tried. How did they fix that
one? Which 'end'?

What problem are you having with your webspace?

Exactly the same as yours. I'm quite relieved really, since it shows
it's not 'me'!

Stuart

--
Try stuartsmacs at dsl dot pipex dot com to email me.