ADSL DB Losses etc etc

Old May 15th 06, 10:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Doz

Default ADSL DB Losses etc etc

Hi all,

Is there a site that shows the BT limits for the losses on the line with ADSL
distances ?

ADSL guide has one he
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/qanda.as...technical#Q211
but it's a little out of date as it only mentions upto 2Mbit.

What I'm looking for is info on the loss limits that BT specify to enable you to
have a particular speed of service.

Any ideas ?

Doz
Old May 15th 06, 11:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Mon, 15 May 2006 10:50:31 +0100, Doz wrote:

Hi all,

Is there a site that shows the BT limits for the losses on the line with ADSL
distances ?

ADSL guide has one he
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/qanda.as...technical#Q211
but it's a little out of date as it only mentions upto 2Mbit.

What I'm looking for is info on the loss limits that BT specify to enable you to
have a particular speed of service.

The higher speeds are based mainly on SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio,
often called Margin) rather than attenuation (line loss).

There are a couple of sites where you can put in your current figures,
and it will guess at what you could expect, but not necessarily very
accurately.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.
Old May 15th 06, 01:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Doz

On Mon, 15 May 2006 11:12:01 +0100, Alex Heney wrote:

On Mon, 15 May 2006 10:50:31 +0100, Doz wrote:

Hi all,

Is there a site that shows the BT limits for the losses on the line with ADSL
distances ?

ADSL guide has one he
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/qanda.as...technical#Q211
but it's a little out of date as it only mentions upto 2Mbit.

What I'm looking for is info on the loss limits that BT specify to enable you to
have a particular speed of service.

The higher speeds are based mainly on SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio,
often called Margin) rather than attenuation (line loss).

There are a couple of sites where you can put in your current figures,
and it will guess at what you could expect, but not necessarily very
accurately.

Do you have a link for them ?
Old May 15th 06, 05:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan J. Flavell

On Mon, 15 May 2006, Doz wrote:

On Mon, 15 May 2006 11:12:01 +0100, Alex Heney wrote:

There are a couple of sites where you can put in your current
figures, and it will guess at what you could expect, but not
necessarily very accurately.

Do you have a link for them ?

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/qanda.asp?faq=radsl#Q292

Feeding my own pre-Max values into "Mr. Saffron's estimator" at
http://212.23.23.177/calc.htm gave me a result which was reasonably
close (slightly optimistic) to what I actually got.
Old May 15th 06, 05:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Mon, 15 May 2006 13:29:15 +0100, Doz wrote:

On Mon, 15 May 2006 11:12:01 +0100, Alex Heney wrote:

On Mon, 15 May 2006 10:50:31 +0100, Doz wrote:

Hi all,

Is there a site that shows the BT limits for the losses on the line with ADSL
distances ?

ADSL guide has one he
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/qanda.as...technical#Q211
but it's a little out of date as it only mentions upto 2Mbit.

What I'm looking for is info on the loss limits that BT specify to enable you to
have a particular speed of service.

The higher speeds are based mainly on SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio,
often called Margin) rather than attenuation (line loss).

There are a couple of sites where you can put in your current figures,
and it will guess at what you could expect, but not necessarily very
accurately.

Do you have a link for them ?

This is one
http://212.23.23.177/calc.htm
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
What goes around usually gets dizzy and falls over.