Routing Calls through PAP2

Old May 15th 06, 10:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Don

Default Routing Calls through PAP2

Hi guys I am new to this so be kind to me! Looking for help if possible to
set up a Linksys PAP2 so that I can dial in from a cell phone to one of the
PAP2 numbers and then get a dial tone on the 2nd PAP2 number so I can route
my mobile calls through my VOIP account. Is this possible, or if not, anyone
know of any device that this can be done with. Thank You in Advance

Old May 15th 06, 11:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

Hi guys I am new to this so be kind to me! Looking for help if possible to
set up a Linksys PAP2 so that I can dial in from a cell phone to one of
the PAP2 numbers and then get a dial tone on the 2nd PAP2 number so I can
route my mobile calls through my VOIP account. Is this possible, or if
not, anyone know of any device that this can be done with. Thank You in
Advance

No.

I do all kinds of DISA stuff like that with my Asterisk server,

And my PAP2 simply appears as two extensions off it.

For example, I can call a number, my Asterisk box detects

that it is 'ringing' but does not answer it (so no charge)

15 seconds later Asterisk returns the call to the originating CLI,

asks for a password, and gives you dialtone so you can then dial out to
anywhere

with no charge applied to the phone you are using.

Why not give it a try, I have zero Linux knowledge and have achieved

lots with the help of Google and this NG.

My server is actually a PII 300Mhz which was destined for the skip, and

performs remarkably well.

--

Graham.

%profound_observation%

Old May 15th 06, 07:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Don brought next idea :
Hi guys I am new to this so be kind to me! Looking for help if possible to
set up a Linksys PAP2 so that I can dial in from a cell phone to one of the
PAP2 numbers and then get a dial tone on the 2nd PAP2 number so I can route
my mobile calls through my VOIP account. Is this possible, or if not, anyone
know of any device that this can be done with. Thank You in Advance

Something like the Linksys/Sipura SPA3000 would allow what you're
after. However, as Graham indicated, you'd have a lot of power if you
fancied trying [email protected]

Old May 16th 06, 01:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Niko \)

"Jono" wrote in message
yonder.com.co.uk...
Don brought next idea :
Hi guys I am new to this so be kind to me! Looking for help if possible

set up a Linksys PAP2 so that I can dial in from a cell phone to one of

the
PAP2 numbers and then get a dial tone on the 2nd PAP2 number so I can

route
my mobile calls through my VOIP account. Is this possible, or if not,

anyone
know of any device that this can be done with. Thank You in Advance

Something like the Linksys/Sipura SPA3000 would allow what you're
after. However, as Graham indicated, you'd have a lot of power if you
fancied trying [email protected]

Or just www.easypabx.com
Regards,
Niko

Old May 19th 06, 11:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Tue, 16 May 2006, Niko writes
Or just www.easypabx.com

I shouldn't rely on them too much. Their servers have been down since
before 6pm 19/5/06. That's over 5 hours and counting - and no
explanations forthcoming.

DF