Terminal program and Skypeout?

Old May 15th 06, 01:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jeppe Søndergaard Larsen

Default Terminal program and Skypeout?

Hi,

I was thinking about if Skypeout or another phone program can be used
together with a terminal program in Windows or in Linux? If so, how to
do it?

Thanks, Jeppe
Old May 16th 06, 01:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

Skype is just P2P application.
Skypeout is only a name Skype use for their service providing access to std.
telephone lines (at a price).

No idea what you mean by 'use it with terminal program'.
Regards,
Martin

Old May 16th 06, 01:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark BR

"Jeppe Søndergaard Larsen" wrote in message
Well, let me try once again. I ask if it is possible to connect to an
other computer dialing from Hyperterminal, but using Skype instead of a
modem.

Jeppe

Martin² wrote:
Skype is just P2P application.
Skypeout is only a name Skype use for their service providing access to
std. telephone lines (at a price).

No idea what you mean by 'use it with terminal program'.
Regards,
Martin

No

Mark BR

Old May 18th 06, 03:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

I ask if it is possible to connect to an other computer dialing from
Hyperterminal, but using Skype instead of a modem.

Now I understand. Skype just digitises your voice, but that get converted to
analogue when you 'Skypeout' to std phone No. There is no provision to sent
digital data and convert it to analogue signal which could be received by
std. modem at the phone end. It would be technically possible, but I guess
there would be very low demand for it, so getting connected to the net is
the best solution.
Regards,
Martin