Mail problems

Old May 15th 06, 05:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Berenger

Default Mail problems

I am trying to track down an email problem I a having.

Emails which appear in BT Yahoo web mail as having subject and body
are arriving in Outlook without the subject and body. It is not every
email but about 20% of them and there appears no commonality between
them that is different to those that are delivered successfully.

Net result is I am having to leave messages on the server for a few
days to make sure I don't miss important ones.

For info the mail route setup is

BT Yahoo Mail - Netgear DG834PN Router - Kaspersky Anti Virus - MS
Outlook

If no-one else is having problems I can rule out the Yahoo Mail -
Netgear as the source of the data being stripped out.
Old May 15th 06, 05:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Berenger

Default Mail problems - worng forum

Sorry, I had an over forties moment and posted this to the wrong
newsgroup - meant tit to be one of the BT Broadband support groups.

Though I any one can help I will sacrifice half a dozen NZ Green
Lipped Mussels to my digestive system at lunchtime tomorrow.

Old May 15th 06, 07:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

I am trying to track down an email problem I a having.
Emails which appear in BT Yahoo web mail as having subject and body
are arriving in Outlook without the subject and body.
BT Yahoo Mail - Netgear DG834PN Router - Kaspersky Anti Virus - MS
Outlook

It might be worth trying to install something like Mailwasher - it can
pull the emails from the server without deleting them, and it will give
you another way to clarify of the problem is "local" or remote.

You can press the space key when any email is highlighted, and it will
display the first 25 lines or so - scroll down and it`ll pull the rest
through - all without risk of deleting them (unless you tell it to)

Can you disable email filtering in Kaspersky on a temporary basis too ?