Talk Talk.

Old May 16th 06, 03:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bazzer Smith

Default Talk Talk.

Anyone signed up and connected yet?

Old May 16th 06, 05:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Invisible Man

Bazzer Smith wrote:
Anyone signed up and connected yet?

People seem to find more trouble getting away from TalkTalk judging by
the messages on this and other forums.
Old May 16th 06, 07:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Norman

"The Invisible Man" wrote in message
Bazzer Smith wrote:
Anyone signed up and connected yet?

People seem to find more trouble getting away from TalkTalk judging by the
messages on this and other forums.

Its the Hotel California ISP. You can check out any time you like but you
can never leave!

Norman

Old May 16th 06, 08:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Xeonwales

I have been connected today. 512k download (was 2mb with plusnet), but
TT say this will improve over the next 10 days

Old May 16th 06, 09:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Xeonwales:
I have been connected today. 512k download (was 2mb with plusnet), but
TT say this will improve over the next 10 days

LOL

They may get around to putting you on a higher connected speed, but don't
expect to see any speed increases, if anything ready yourself for a slow
down.

--
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
3p/min & 1p Texts, EasyMobile, For 5 airtime bonus contact via:

Old May 16th 06, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Bazzer Smith wrote:
Anyone signed up and connected yet?

I signed up for the TalkTalk free broadband deal on the day it became
available. My broadband actually went live around 3 weeks ago. So far
the service is no worse as far as I can tell from my Pipex 1mb service.
However, it is running at only 1mb despite my line being rated at
2.2mb - I have contacted TalkTalk customer services a few times to find
out if/when the speed will be upgraded but have not received any
response so far.

With regards to p2p (peer to peer) my overall impression is that
TalkTalk is less restrictive than my previous supplier (Pipex) -
downloads generally seem to run quicker (I use kazaa-lite, limewire and
emule). However, you should note that I am a very light user of p2p -
my average monthly data useage for all internet applications is around
12GB which is significantly lower than the TalkTalk 40GB cap. I very
rarely leave any p2p programs running for more than a few hours.

HTH

LuigiNo1.

Old May 16th 06, 10:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh :
Bazzer Smith wrote:
[...]

Don't expect P2P to last long. I was with the awful TalkTalk, I never had
any problems with Pipex before I was with TalkTalk nor after when I managed
to escape the awful TalkTalk service. With TalkTalk you'd be lucky to get
0.5k/s. I've since left Pipex too and have no problems with telewest.

TalkTalk used to be fine for phone services, until they started to force you
onto their line rental, for broadband forget it, they could pay me millions
and I still wouldn't take their poor broadband service.

TalkTalk are to be avoided.

Old May 16th 06, 11:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bazzer Smith

wrote in message
oups.com...

Bazzer Smith wrote:
[...]

Indeed and 4 times my current cap of 3 gig, in reality about 2gig.
I get less than 1 meg anyway, sometimes half that.
+ My isp was down most of the day today.

Old May 17th 06, 05:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Xeonwales

Im now up to 1.5mb (acording to the broadband speed test on
www.zdnet.co.uk),

Old May 17th 06, 06:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ben Blunt

Default Talk Talk - AVOID TALK TALK LIKE THE PLAGUE

AVOID TALK TALK LIKE THE PLAGUE

- 5 months to sign up
- disconnected me from previous supplier and had break in service
- abysmal customer service - no one cared or would help me
- didn't send me modem (ended up being without connection for 5 days)

Utterly awful experience.

Now do have broadband service it's OK but not a patch on BT. Very slow and
disconnects frequently.

Apathy from the company unreal. I was told to complain via email - but
they'd disconnected me, so couldn't!!

They claimed couldn't escalate complaint - followed script on telephone and
couldn't deviate. Overseas call centres - people very polite but completely
disempowered to help and didn't understand or act on my frustrations.

I repeat - AVOID TALK TALK LIKE THE PLAQUE!