WAG54G BTinternet settings

Old May 16th 06, 07:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default WAG54G BTinternet settings

Hi

Im installing a WAG54G wireless router for a friend. I have followed
all the adsl settings and it seems to be connecting and detecting the
adsl line fine but Im not sure what goes in the username and password
section.

Do BT use a username and password for adsl connections? If would they
have supplied them in the documentation that came with the original
modem?

I notice that the usn modem at the moment mentions a username in its
dialup software options and Ive tried this but have no idea about the
password.

Any help would be great, thanks
Brian

Old May 16th 06, 08:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Oliver Gunnell

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi

Im installing a WAG54G wireless router for a friend. I have followed
all the adsl settings and it seems to be connecting and detecting the
adsl line fine but Im not sure what goes in the username and password
section.

Do BT use a username and password for adsl connections? If would they
have supplied them in the documentation that came with the original
modem?

I notice that the usn modem at the moment mentions a username in its
dialup software options and Ive tried this but have no idea about the
password.

Any help would be great, thanks
Brian

All Isp's issue a username and a password for adsl login
your friend will have to contact the BT helpdesk for the
detials unless youy can of course find it written down
on the welcome pack.

Old May 16th 06, 10:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Yes I've tried:

which is what the usb modem connection software mentions but no luck,
with or without a password. I did notice that when I have no password,
and save the settings the WAG54g admin page still blanks the password
out with * characters even though the password was blank, but I guess
this is just what it does?

I dont think with BT you do ever recieve a nice bit of paper with all
your settings details on, but thats kinda what Im asking from someone
using bt and their own router as my friend does not seem to have this
paperwork or remeber every recieving it.

Brian