VOIP Dialer and Outlook Integration

Old May 16th 06, 12:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Kev

Default VOIP Dialer and Outlook Integration

Hi All,

Are there tools/plug-in's available to integrate with with Outlook that will
allow me to initate a call on my voip handset (I have a Grandstream GXP2000).
e.g. I find my phone number in the address book, and then right-click or
whatever to start the call.

It doesn't need to even integrate with Outlook, even if it was a standalone
dialer which could import my phone numbers, that would be handy as well.

I couldn't see anything on the Grandstream website.

Cheers
Kev

Old May 16th 06, 03:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Kev wrote:
Hi All,

Are there tools/plug-in's available to integrate with with Outlook that
will allow me to initate a call on my voip handset (I have a Grandstream
GXP2000). e.g. I find my phone number in the address book, and then
right-click or whatever to start the call.

It doesn't need to even integrate with Outlook, even if it was a
standalone dialer which could import my phone numbers, that would be
handy as well.

I couldn't see anything on the Grandstream website.

Cheers
Kev

Voipfone have a piece of software called their TAPI Address book
dialler, I'm not sure but this may do the trick.
Old May 16th 06, 03:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Kev

Hello Thomas,

Kev wrote:

Hi All,

Are there tools/plug-in's available to integrate with with Outlook
that will allow me to initate a call on my voip handset (I have a
Grandstream GXP2000). e.g. I find my phone number in the address
book, and then right-click or whatever to start the call.

It doesn't need to even integrate with Outlook, even if it was a
standalone dialer which could import my phone numbers, that would be
handy as well.

I couldn't see anything on the Grandstream website.

Cheers
Kev

Voipfone have a piece of software called their TAPI Address book
dialler, I'm not sure but this may do the trick.

I took a look and can't see it (even after signing up). Where is it roughly?

Cheers
Kev

Old May 16th 06, 04:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Kev wrote:
Hello Thomas,

Kev wrote:

[...]

http://www.voipfoneuserforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1032

I've not used it, so I don't know what it's like.
Alternative, if you use asterisk (and don't mind management running),
you could use AstTapi (which is on sourceforge).
Old May 16th 06, 05:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Kev

Hello Thomas,

http://www.voipfoneuserforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1032

I've not used it, so I don't know what it's like.
Alternative, if you use asterisk (and don't mind management running),
you could use AstTapi (which is on sourceforge).

Appreciated...I'll investigate.

Cheers
Kev

Old May 18th 06, 10:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Kev a écrit :

Hello Thomas,

http://www.voipfoneuserforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1032

I've not used it, so I don't know what it's like.
Alternative, if you use asterisk (and don't mind management running),
you could use AstTapi (which is on sourceforge).

Appreciated...I'll investigate.

Cheers
Kev

I tried the Voipfone thing, but it would only work if you are a
voipfone customer/client....
I would like a similar call TAPI to use with Voipstunt or similar
programs...

Old May 18th 06, 11:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Kev

Hello ,

Kev a écrit :

Hello Thomas,

http://www.voipfoneuserforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1032

I've not used it, so I don't know what it's like.
Alternative, if you use asterisk (and don't mind management
running),
you could use AstTapi (which is on sourceforge).

Appreciated...I'll investigate.

Cheers
Kev

I tried the Voipfone thing, but it would only work if you are a
voipfone customer/client....
I would like a similar call TAPI to use with Voipstunt or similar
programs...

Digging around I found this.

http://sipx-wiki.calivia.com/index.php/Click-to-Dial_for_Outlook,_CardScan,_ACT!_using_SIP_TAPI
http://www.enum.at/index.php?id=479

Source can be obtained from he http://sourceforge.net/projects/siptapi/

I'll evaluate over the weekend when I get more time.

Kev