ADSL2MUE Modem.

Old May 16th 06, 06:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Dean

Default ADSL2MUE Modem.

Just bought a linksys adsl2mue.

Bag of sh***

it connected two times out of hundred, but on those times, I did
actually get a faster speed using Plusnet Speed checker, to the tune of
about 4400kbps.

Gotta send the bugger back though, because it just wont even say it's
found the DSL. The DSL Light stays off.

Now Im wondering if I can actually connect it to my smoothwall. It talks
about Bridged mode, and all the guides refer using RFC1483 successfully.
Yet however ADSLGuide says thats useless for the UK, use Bridged Mode
Only. But then of course, does my Smoothie support PPPoA?

Cya
Simon