Looking for Dual DECT Phone for SIP & PSTN (Not Skype)

Old May 17th 06, 06:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Virgo17

Default Looking for Dual DECT Phone for SIP & PSTN (Not Skype)

Hello all.

Is there such a thing as a dual DECT phone that has two lines each
terminating in RJ11 or BT type connectors? I would like to plug one
cable in my PAP2 for VOIP and the other in my BT master socket and
control which line to use from the phone.

I am aware of the Skype Dual Phone but one of the cables is USB to a
computer, specifically for computer based applications like Skype and
is therefore not suitable.

Anyone know of anything out there without paying big bucks?

Cheers,

V.

Old May 17th 06, 08:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim Morley

"Virgo17" wrote in message
idual.de...
Hello all.

Is there such a thing as a dual DECT phone that has two lines each
terminating in RJ11 or BT type connectors? I would like to plug one
cable in my PAP2 for VOIP and the other in my BT master socket and
control which line to use from the phone.

I am aware of the Skype Dual Phone but one of the cables is USB to a
computer, specifically for computer based applications like Skype and
is therefore not suitable.

Anyone know of anything out there without paying big bucks?

Cheers,

V.

rswww.com stock number 449-7228 ??

(
http://audiovisual.kelkoo.co.uk/ctl/...uk&field=price)

DECTsys PABX 2200 2 line phone system
line digital cordless telephone system supports 2 analogue (PSTN) lines
a.. Ideal for small businesses and home use and easy to install
a.. Expandable - up to 15 handsets
a.. 2 line LCD displays (12 characters x 2)
a.. Can handle 2 external and 4 internal calls simultaneously
a.. Call forwarding
a.. Call waiting (see note)
a.. Caller ID (see note)
a.. Music on hold
b.. Line busy indication
c.. Speakerphone
d.. 3 party conference
e.. Internal calls between handsets
f.. Dial mode programmable (DTMF/Pulse)
g.. PABX dialling pause
h.. Call duration display

a.. Call barring for each handset programmable
b.. LCR (least cost routing)
c.. One direct call programming(Baby call)
d.. Auto line detection
e.. Last three number redial
f.. User authentication
g.. User name programmable
h.. Ringer melody or ringer/call volume programmable for internal or
external calls

Note: Call waiting and Caller ID require service provider - (charges
may be applicable).

Supplied with: 1 x base station, 2 x chargers, 2 x handsets, 6 x
AAA-NiMh batteries, 3 x adapters, 2 x line cords, 1 x user manual.

Old May 17th 06, 09:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andy Repton

On 2006-05-17, Tim Morley wrote:

"Virgo17" wrote in message
Is there such a thing as a dual DECT phone that has two lines each
terminating in RJ11 or BT type connectors? I would like to plug one
cable in my PAP2 for VOIP and the other in my BT master socket and
control which line to use from the phone.

rswww.com stock number 449-7228 ??

239 quid? It'd be cheaper (just) to buy a Fritzbox 7050 and a DECT/ISDN
cordless phone (the Fritz provides an ISDN connection and can route it
to both a POTS line and VOIP)

--
Andy Repton
Old May 17th 06, 12:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On 2006-05-17, Tim Morley wrote:

"Virgo17" wrote in message
Is there such a thing as a dual DECT phone that has two lines each
terminating in RJ11 or BT type connectors? I would like to plug one
cable in my PAP2 for VOIP and the other in my BT master socket and
control which line to use from the phone.

rswww.com stock number 449-7228 ??

239 quid? It'd be cheaper (just) to buy a Fritzbox 7050 and a DECT/ISDN
cordless phone (the Fritz provides an ISDN connection and can route it
to both a POTS line and VOIP)

Basically you have got the wrong ATA for your purposes. Unless you
need 2 incoming VOIP lines then sell on your PAP2 and get an SPA-3000.
That has a socket for your BT line as well as one VOIP output. You can
then use any standard analogue phone. You can have 5 different VOIP
providers for outgoing calls (one of these is your incoming provider)
and BT on gateway zero. Configure your dial plan and you won't need to
switch about between lines as your dial plan will do it all for you
depending on the number type you dial - but you can switch lines if
you wish.
broadbandbuyer seems to be the cheapest around.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old May 17th 06, 09:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Virgo17

On Wed, 17 May 2006 11:21:15 GMT, Brian A
wrote:

need 2 incoming VOIP lines then sell on your PAP2 and get an SPA-3000.
That has a socket for your BT line as well as one VOIP output. You can
then use any standard analogue phone. You can have 5 different VOIP

Brian,

Thank you for this extremely helpful posting. It seems that I can sell
the PAP2 on Ebay for a reasonable amount and just put a bit extra
towards the SPA-3000.

Cheers and thanks,

V.

Old May 17th 06, 11:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark Ingle

Virgo17 wrote:

Anyone know of anything out there without paying big bucks?

I don't know if it's what you want; but if you get an adsl router with
VOIP port(s), you plug your phone into the VOIP port and have access to
both the bt line and SIP from the same phone, which could be a DECT; you
prefix the number with a hash to route outgoing calls one way or the
other.
Old May 18th 06, 03:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

Mark Ingle:
but if you get an adsl router with
VOIP port(s), you plug your phone into the VOIP port and have access to
both the bt line and SIP from the same phone,

Alas not all VoIP routers have 'PSTN passtrough', apart from the Fritz!Box,
to my knowledge only the Zyxel 2602HWL can do that, but hasn't got proper
'dial plan' facility.

And with SPA-3000 you don't get QoS.
Regards,
Martin

Old May 18th 06, 08:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Me

On Thu, 18 May 2006 03:15:24 +0100, "Martin²" wrote:

Alas not all VoIP routers have 'PSTN passtrough', apart from the Fritz!Box,
to my knowledge only the Zyxel 2602HWL can do that, but hasn't got proper
'dial plan' facility.

The Speedtouch 716 has PSTN passthrough too.

Me
Old May 19th 06, 12:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark Ingle

Martin" wrote:

Alas not all VoIP routers have 'PSTN passtrough', apart from the Fritz!Box,
to my knowledge only the Zyxel 2602HWL can do that, but hasn't got proper
'dial plan' facility.

Oh that's interesting; I just assumed they all had that feature, as my
cheap Zoom X5v does works very well in that fashion. I power the DECT
phone and router with a little UPS just in case of emergency. The main
drawback with the model I have is that it appears one cannot configure
multiple SIP accounts.