VOIP with Nokia E series

Old May 17th 06, 11:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark Knight

Default VOIP with Nokia E series

It seems that supplies of the Nokia E60 and E61 are starting to filter
through to retail outlets. Has anyone had success with UK network
supplied handsets and the built-in SIP over WiFi client yet?

I can't help wondering whether any of the networks will try and restrict
functionality that gives rise to free calls...
--
Mark A. R. Knight finger:
Tel: +44 7973 410732
Old May 17th 06, 01:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Mark Knight:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/05...p_ban_responds

--
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
3p/min & 1p Texts, EasyMobile, For £5 airtime bonus contact via:

Old May 17th 06, 01:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steven Sumpter

On Wed, 17 May 2006 12:04:08 +0100, Mark Knight wrote:

It seems that supplies of the Nokia E60 and E61 are starting to filter
through to retail outlets. Has anyone had success with UK network
supplied handsets and the built-in SIP over WiFi client yet?

I can't help wondering whether any of the networks will try and restrict
functionality that gives rise to free calls...

Expansys is due to ship my E61 today. I am hopeful that I can use it as a
wireless Voipfone handset around the house, even if T-Mobile won't let me
use Web n walk for VoIP when I am out. I will report back when I have
tried it with Voipfone and Sipgate. I have no idea if the networks will
ship their versions of the handset with VoIP enabled though.

Steve.