BT Broadband

Old May 17th 06, 11:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default BT Broadband

Does anyone have any reasons not to sign up with BT broadband. I need to
change suppliers, and am considering BT. But before signing up I would like
to hear of others experiences. Thanks.

Old May 17th 06, 11:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Christopher

I have BT Yahoo broadband and no problems whatsoever.

Old May 17th 06, 05:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mia Butsabig

"Christopher" wrote in message
|I have BT Yahoo broadband and no problems whatsoever.
|

| "a" wrote in message ...
| Does anyone have any reasons not to sign up with BT broadband. I need to
| change suppliers, and am considering BT. But before signing up I would
| like to hear of others experiences. Thanks.

I would avoid them like the plauge.

1) The customer service consists of Bingbing Patel telling you to uninstall you
software and reinstall it.
Basically if you get a problem you are screwed.
2) It is not that competetive.
3) If you dare to post anything to usenet they don't like, or, download
something they don't like they will terminate your account and hold you to term.
If you refuse to pay it is added to your home phone bill and when you don't pay
that they cut you off.

If you do ANYTHING - go with anyone apart from BT.

Old May 17th 06, 05:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

I take it that you mean BT Yahoo Broadband? If this is the case then you
might like to know that you don't have to use the Yahoo software that is on
the CD that comes with the router. Once the router is plugged into the PC
(2091 in my case) and the line, it calls the ISP (BT) over the broadband
automatically. You can then just use IE if you want. Two newsgroups may be
of interest to you. - bt.broadband.support and
bt.internet.users.broadband.technical for more information.
The help desk has been moved to India and in the majority of cases is
absolutely useless - regard it has no help at all and don't even think of
calling it. You are better off asking any questions in those two Newsgroups.
The one good point is that billing etc is still in the UK and although they
occasionally do get it wrong, it does get sorted eventually.
In summary - the product is OK and look at the options carefully, because if
you don't need the higher download capability, save yourself some money by
looking at the cheaper options. Also try and negotiate a lower tariff on
whatever you plum for, you never know it may work!
Alan

Old May 17th 06, 05:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Christopher

"Mia Butsabig" wrote in message

"Christopher" wrote in message
|I have BT Yahoo broadband and no problems whatsoever.
|

| "a" wrote in message ...
| Does anyone have any reasons not to sign up with BT broadband. I need
| change suppliers, and am considering BT. But before signing up I would
| like to hear of others experiences. Thanks.

I would avoid them like the plauge.

1) The customer service consists of Bingbing Patel telling you to
uninstall you
software and reinstall it.
Basically if you get a problem you are screwed.
2) It is not that competetive.
3) If you dare to post anything to usenet they don't like, or, download
something they don't like they will terminate your account and hold you to
term.
If you refuse to pay it is added to your home phone bill and when you
don't pay
that they cut you off.

If you do ANYTHING - go with anyone apart from BT.

I'll bet that the call centre people in India can spell 'plauge' !!!!!!!!!

The rest is uninformed and untrue rubbish.

Old May 17th 06, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mia Butsabig

"Christopher" wrote in message

| "Mia Butsabig" wrote in message
|
| "Christopher" wrote in message
| |I have BT Yahoo broadband and no problems whatsoever.
| |
| |
| | "a" wrote in message ...
| | Does anyone have any reasons not to sign up with BT broadband. I need
| | change suppliers, and am considering BT. But before signing up I would
| | like to hear of others experiences. Thanks.
| |
| |
| |
| I would avoid them like the plauge.
|
| 1) The customer service consists of Bingbing Patel telling you to
| uninstall you
| software and reinstall it.
| Basically if you get a problem you are screwed.
| 2) It is not that competetive.
| 3) If you dare to post anything to usenet they don't like, or, download
| something they don't like they will terminate your account and hold you to
| term.
| If you refuse to pay it is added to your home phone bill and when you
| don't pay
| that they cut you off.
|
| If you do ANYTHING - go with anyone apart from BT.
|

| I'll bet that the call centre people in India can spell 'plauge' !!!!!!!!!
|
| The rest is uninformed and untrue rubbish.

It's called a typo. I am so sorry. As you have sunk to insults then I guess all
I can do is apologise clearly you have never made a mistake, somewhat unlike
your parents.

The rest is entirely true - I think you may well be 'uninformed' if you are
unaware of it.

Ignoring the uniformed Christopher who is a BT customer using a BT news service
I would suggest the OP look at anyone other than BT. Plusnet are a good
all-round choice, ZEN are ok if you are happy to cough up 70 to get going, and
most of the others are reasonable.

If you wish to take bad advice and go with them then be prepared for the
following:

If you have an issue with your broadband and the isp is BT, you will just get
constantly ****ed around by the Patel Script Kids in India (assuming you can
understand them)

If you download a movie with bit torrent that infringes on copyright they may
terminate your account. I have five letters from them for doing so.

If you follow up in a newsgroup to some Islamic Muslim nutcase abusing Jesus and
make remarks about Mohamed they WILL terminate your account and hold you to
term. I have a copy of the letter of termination from them relating to this.

If they hold you to term they can add the charge to your phone bill. If you
don't pay you get cut off.

The hardware they offer is ****e.

The service is not competitive with the likes of TalkTalk, NTL, AOL or Plusnet
to name but a few.

If you wish to cancel BT Broadband the process is more complex than it is to
cancel any other provider - even when they claim to be complying with
'equivalence'.

Poor old Christopher is blinded by BT. Glad you are happy with them. Can you
make sure you turn the light out if your the last one out.

Old May 17th 06, 07:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pier Danone

"Christopher" wrote in message

| I'll bet that the call centre people in India can spell 'plauge' !!!!!!!!!

I bet they can't if the notes I have seen on some of the jobs are anything to go
by.

Old May 17th 06, 07:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kev

Hello Mia,

If you follow up in a newsgroup to some Islamic Muslim nutcase abusing
Jesus and make remarks about Mohamed they WILL terminate your account
and hold you to term. I have a copy of the letter of termination from
them relating to this.

Wow, I thought the Jesus types would just turn their other usenet cheek? No?

Kev

Old May 17th 06, 07:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Goiter bad neck

"a" wrote in message ...
Does anyone have any reasons not to sign up with BT broadband. I need to
change suppliers, and am considering BT. But before signing up I would
like to hear of others experiences. Thanks.
Been on Btbroadband for four years.

Never had to phone for support , Just upgraded to max
, no problem either.
It just works.

Old May 17th 06, 07:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Christopher

> [...]

make remarks about Mohamed they WILL terminate your account and hold you
term. I have a copy of the letter of termination from them relating to
this.

If they hold you to term they can add the charge to your phone bill. If
you
don't pay you get cut off.

The hardware they offer is ****e.

The service is not competitive with the likes of TalkTalk, NTL, AOL or
Plusnet
to name but a few.

If you wish to cancel BT Broadband the process is more complex than it is
cancel any other provider - even when they claim to be complying with
'equivalence'.

Poor old Christopher is blinded by BT. Glad you are happy with them. Can
you
make sure you turn the light out if your the last one out.

Not blinded by BT at all

I started with Prestel, then Telecom Gold then BTInternet Dial up, then BTY
Broadband and now have DSLMax [BTY] and any problems of which there have
been very few in over 15 years, have been sorted immediately, both billing
and technical and in the early days we were all learning together.

The call centre in India is fine from my brief experience.

In you want to infringe copyright or break any other terms and conditions,
then you should have your service terminated and should you require help
from call centres, talk slowly and have everything to hand. So far, the
only call centre that I really could not understand was in Glasgow.