Cheapest supplier of SPA-1001?...and operation with SPA-3000

Old May 17th 06, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

Default Cheapest supplier of SPA-1001?...and operation with SPA-3000

Unfortunately broadbandbuyer don't do the SPA-1001 any longer. The
price charged by other vendors is, in some cases, TWICE that of the US
price and that makes me think, even in rip off UK, that it is over
priced. There have been some offerings at decent prices but I didn't
jump in fast enough and now they have gone. Anyone know of a good
source?

I assume that my idea will work:
I want to plug the output of the 1001 into the PSTN input of my
SPA-3000 - thereby giving me 2 more incoming VOIP lines.
Anyone tried this?
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old May 17th 06, 07:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Brian A" wrote in message

Unfortunately broadbandbuyer don't do the SPA-1001 any
longer. The price charged by other vendors is, in some
cases, TWICE that of the US price and that makes me
think, even in rip off UK, that it is over priced. There
have been some offerings at decent prices but I didn't
jump in fast enough and now they have gone. Anyone know
of a good source?

I assume that my idea will work:
I want to plug the output of the 1001 into the PSTN
input of my SPA-3000 - thereby giving me 2 more incoming
VOIP lines.
Anyone tried this?

Hmm, it might work, but probably a neater option would be either Asterisk
or if you're a telecomms nostalgia nut like I am, get one of these off
eBay:

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/freshwater/london16.htm

and plug all your analogue phones into it..! You'll be able to plug in old
rotary dial phones as well, and use them on VoIP, the thing converts from
pulse dialling to DTMF on the fly..!

Ivor

Old May 17th 06, 11:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JW

Ivor Jones wrote:
"Brian A" wrote in message

[...]

ISTR London systems which could not send DTMF to the
exchange. Maybe depends on card version.
Old May 18th 06, 01:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"JW" wrote in message

Ivor Jones wrote:

[snip]

Hmm, it might work, but probably a neater option would
be either Asterisk or if you're a telecomms nostalgia
nut like I am, get one of these off eBay:

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/freshwater/london16.htm

and plug all your analogue phones into it..! You'll be
able to plug in old rotary dial phones as well, and use
them on VoIP, the thing converts from pulse dialling to
DTMF on the fly..!

ISTR London systems which could not send DTMF to the
exchange. Maybe depends on card version.

Card configuration more likely. There were two versions of exchange line
card, but both had links to set whether the output to the exchange was
pulse or DTMF.

Ivor

Old May 19th 06, 12:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilT

Brian A wrote:
Unfortunately broadbandbuyer don't do the SPA-1001 any longer. The
price charged by other vendors is, in some cases, TWICE that of the US
price and that makes me think, even in rip off UK, that it is over
priced. There have been some offerings at decent prices but I didn't
jump in fast enough and now they have gone. Anyone know of a good
source?

http://www.provu.co.uk/sipura.html
60 ?

you didn't give a target price.