aaisp prices

Old May 17th 06, 06:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kev

Default aaisp prices

I'm not sniping or having a go or anything like that, and whilst I realise
AAISP are pretty well regarded, but their prices aren't the cheapest are
they? Or have I missed a different tarrif page somewhere? If these are the
prices - http://aaisp.net.uk/aa/aaisp/200604.html - how do they attract customers
with a monthly charge of GBP94.99 + VAT for their Max-20 Standard service.
Am I missing something?

Cheers
Kev

Old May 17th 06, 07:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Doc Holiday

I looked at AAISP and came to the same conclusion. Just seemed very
pricey... even in comparison to Zen and IDnet.

. uk...

Old May 17th 06, 08:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Wed, 17 May 2006 17:47:33 UTC, Kev
wrote:

I'm not sniping or having a go or anything like that, and whilst I realise
AAISP are pretty well regarded, but their prices aren't the cheapest are
they? Or have I missed a different tarrif page somewhere? If these are the
prices - http://aaisp.net.uk/aa/aaisp/200604.html - how do they attract customers
with a monthly charge of GBP94.99 + VAT for their Max-20 Standard service.
Am I missing something?

Probably that very few people actually *need* MAX-20. I'm on MAX-3 at 27
quid. Remember that the 3GB (or 20GB) limit applies only to downloads,
and only during offuce hours. Most users do their stuff the rest of the
time.

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old May 17th 06, 08:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kevin Lyons

- how do they attract customers
with a monthly charge of GBP94.99 + VAT for their Max-20 Standard service.
Am I missing something?

They don't 'attract customers' - their customers recommend them because of
the quality of their network and the standard of service they supply. You
only have to look at their web site, the news group, or talk to their
customers to know they know what they're doing, and they're proactive in the
way they handle their service and the customers.

We have a central for broadband and sell a range of dsl products to our
customers, but I'd give my right arm to be able to deliver the quality of
service that they do.

The only issue that seems to be referred to more often than with other dsl
is dos attacks against their customers. It may be that other providers cope
better or that they just palm off their customers, but dos' do seem a
regular feature of their blog.

--

John Lyons
Netserve Consultants Limited

Old May 17th 06, 08:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Wed, 17 May 2006 18:39:59 UTC, "Doc Holiday"
top posted:

"Kev" wrote in message
. uk...
I'm not sniping or having a go or anything like that, and whilst I realise
AAISP are pretty well regarded, but their prices aren't the cheapest are
they? Or have I missed a different tarrif page somewhere? If these are the
prices - http://aaisp.net.uk/aa/aaisp/200604.html - how do they attract
customers with a monthly charge of GBP94.99 + VAT for their Max-20
Standard service. Am I missing something?

I looked at AAISP and came to the same conclusion. Just seemed very
pricey... even in comparison to Zen and IDnet.

IMO...YGWYPF.

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old May 17th 06, 08:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Doc Holiday

"Bob Eager" wrote in message news:176uZD2KcidF-pn2-

IMO...YGWYPF.

I take it that you are pleased with the service? :-)

Old May 17th 06, 08:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Wed, 17 May 2006 19:21:20 UTC, "Doc Holiday"
wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message news:176uZD2KcidF-pn2-

IMO...YGWYPF.

I take it that you are pleased with the service? :-)

Very. BT have screwed up on a couple of occasions and AAISP did
brilliantly, sorting it out within a few hours each time (despite on one
occasion, BT closing the fault and blaming my router). On one occasion I
ordered a new domain at 1720 on a Friday and got an email to say it was
all set up at 1735. And so on...

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old May 17th 06, 08:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicholas Thomas

Kev wrote:
I'm not sniping or having a go or anything like that, and whilst I
realise AAISP are pretty well regarded, but their prices aren't the
cheapest are they? Or have I missed a different tarrif page somewhere?
If these are the prices - http://aaisp.net.uk/aa/aaisp/200604.html - how
do they attract customers with a monthly charge of GBP94.99 + VAT for
their Max-20 Standard service. Am I missing something?

Cheers
Kev

Only a business or a complete nutter would need Max-20 . Get Max-3,
learn how to schedule large downloads, and enjoy the great service .

xF,

....Nick

Old May 17th 06, 09:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Forrester

Kev wrote:
I'm not sniping or having a go or anything like that, and whilst I
realise AAISP are pretty well regarded, but their prices aren't the
cheapest are they?

Nope and a Saab isn't the cheapest car either. AAISP are a bit like my
Saab before General Motors got too involved.

I would recommend AAISP over a number of other ISP's any day of the week.
Old May 17th 06, 10:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

Kev wrote:
I'm not sniping or having a go or anything like that, and whilst I realise
AAISP are pretty well regarded, but their prices aren't the cheapest are
they? Or have I missed a different tarrif page somewhere? If these are the
prices - http://aaisp.net.uk/aa/aaisp/200604.html - how do they attract
customers with a monthly charge of GBP94.99 + VAT for their Max-20
Standard
service. Am I missing something?

Cheers
Kev

They answer the phone very quickly, and their technical support is not
outsourced to 13 yr old children in India.

I was a former AAISP customer, they where excellent, and the only company
that managed to get me broadband. However, there costs where to high to
continue justification (they where getting ****y about me downloading over
their limit).

Gaz