Widget to join two Broadband connections?

Old May 17th 06, 07:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Topping

Default Widget to join two Broadband connections?

Is there some device which will allow me to join two broadband connections
together (on separate phone lines) and allow me to combine the
upload/download speeds for faster internet access?

Thanks

Old May 17th 06, 08:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article , David Topping says...
Is there some device which will allow me to join two broadband connections
together (on separate phone lines) and allow me to combine the
upload/download speeds for faster internet access?

Thanks

it isn't quite that simple but there are devices which will aggregate
two connections.

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware...yes_cyclone200.
asp

A simpler and more effective way is to get a higher specification ADSL
package such as one of the premium Max products, which offer twice the
upstream.

Old May 17th 06, 08:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicholas Thomas

David Topping wrote:
Is there some device which will allow me to join two broadband connections
together (on separate phone lines) and allow me to combine the
upload/download speeds for faster internet access?

Thanks

For proper bonding, you (generally) need an ISP that supports MLPP -
Nildram, for instance. Then you need, either a Cisco router (or another
which does the same job) -- eg. a 1841 or 2841 -- or a cheap PC with a
couple of ADSL modems, running a linux distro (IIRC, there's a
pre-configured CD you can use). Pricey, but fun

xF,

....Nick
Old May 17th 06, 08:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 17 May 2006 19:38, "David Topping" wrote:

Is there some device which will allow me to join two broadband connections
together (on separate phone lines) and allow me to combine the
upload/download speeds for faster internet access?

You might try searching for the Firebrick (I think) from AAISP if you have
500 quid to spare... I did see that Edimax had a device to allow a LAN to
use from 2 to 4 WAN connections, and you can do it without any gadgets, if
you have soem traffic going to one router and some to the other. Peter M.