Question for Frtiz!box masters !!

Old May 17th 06, 10:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jim

Default Question for Frtiz!box masters !!

Right the Fritz!box is working perfectly voip fixed line etc.
I am only using one dect handset on Fon1 , when dialling out I am routed via
sipdiscount .
However I now have a slight problem that when I am calling out via voip , if
someone rings me on my pstn number
they dont get a busy tone (obviously because that line is free). Is there
any way to get the fritzbox to give a busy tone because the
extension is in use ? Otherwise the person ringing the pstn line thinks
no-one is home . I know I can get it to reject on busy , but that just
cuts the line

Thanks
Jim

Old May 17th 06, 11:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
▀°dincÁs▓░░░

Wed, 17 May 2006 21:07:43 GMT, %Bpopped out over
the fence and said...
|Right the Fritz!box is working perfectly voip fixed line etc.
|I am only using one dect handset on Fon1 , when dialling out I am routed via
|sipdiscount .
|However I now have a slight problem that when I am calling out via voip , if
|someone rings me on my pstn number
|they dont get a busy tone (obviously because that line is free). Is there
|any way to get the fritzbox to give a busy tone because the
|extension is in use ? Otherwise the person ringing the pstn line thinks
|no-one is home . I know I can get it to reject on busy , but that just
|cuts the line
|

|Thanks
|Jim

It depends on which kind of configuration you made on the extensions.
IMHO, you should set both line numbers (VoIP and PSTN) on EXT1, no
numbers assigned to EXT2, untick the "react to all numbers" box on both
extensions, and tick the "Disable call waiting" box in the EXT1
"Extension properties" page.
That should do the trick, but I can't see the point of faking a "line
busy" when you can simply flick between a call and another with a few
keystrokes, or having another wired phone on EXT2 for a few quid...
It's like going around jumping on one leg because you are wearing only
one shoe... :-)

--
▀°dincÁs▓░░░ - The Y2K Druid
Old May 17th 06, 11:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jim

Also is there any way to alter the tones ? i.e the ring tone for connected
handsets etc ?

Old May 17th 06, 11:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jim

I realise that , and it is my intention to get another dect handset - but
until I do , I need to get
the wife acceptance factor !!

Old May 17th 06, 11:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Jim" wrote in message

Also is there any way to alter the tones ? i.e the ring
tone for connected handsets etc ?

No.

Ivor

Old May 17th 06, 11:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Jim" wrote in message

I realise that , and it is my intention to get another
dect handset - but until I do , I need to get
the wife acceptance factor !!

You don't need another DECT phone, just have an ordinary el-cheapo wired
phone in the 2nd port and set both ports to ring for all accounts. If
you're using the DECT phone at the time another call comes in, you'll hear
the call on the wired phone. Not the solution you want I know, but better
than a caller thinking you're not there.

Ivor