Which is best isp for p2p?

Old May 18th 06, 03:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Which is best isp for p2p?

Hi,

Which is best ADSL isp for p2p usage? (can't get cable). Currently with
www.plus.net who have throttling and traffic shaping on p2p which is a
pain. Which ISP's packages don't have these annoying features and are
reliable? Thanks.

Old May 18th 06, 04:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kim

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Which is best ADSL isp for p2p usage? (can't get cable). Currently with
www.plus.net who have throttling and traffic shaping on p2p which is a
pain. Which ISP's packages don't have these annoying features and are
reliable? Thanks.

I've used AOL with WinMX, eMule and Usenet without any problems or
complaints. AOL's own version of McAfee Personal Firewall is also very
p2p-friendly and free. No need to reconfigure anything.

(kim)

Old May 18th 06, 05:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Davies

wrote:
Which is best ADSL isp for p2p usage? (can't get cable). Currently with
www.plus.net who have throttling and traffic shaping on p2p which is a
pain. Which ISP's packages don't have these annoying features and are
reliable? Thanks.

I understand that PlusNet doesn't throttle P2P (or anything else for
that matter) outside 4pm - midnight. Also, I don't think that P2P is
as heavily throttled on the Premier collection of products (I presume
you're on Broadband Plus?).

Chris
Old May 18th 06, 06:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Thu, 18 May 2006 16:29:12 UTC, Chris Davies

Which is best ADSL isp for p2p usage? (can't get cable). Currently with
www.plus.net who have throttling and traffic shaping on p2p which is a
pain. Which ISP's packages don't have these annoying features and are
reliable? Thanks.

I understand that PlusNet doesn't throttle P2P (or anything else for
that matter) outside 4pm - midnight. Also, I don't think that P2P is
as heavily throttled on the Premier collection of products (I presume
you're on Broadband Plus?).

That's just this week. PlusNet change the rules constantly.

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old May 18th 06, 09:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nut

wrote:
Hi,

Which is best ADSL isp for p2p usage? (can't get cable). Currently
with
www.plus.net who have throttling and traffic shaping on p2p
which is a pain. Which ISP's packages don't have these annoying
features and are reliable? Thanks.

I haven't had any trouble with UK Online... no throttling or download
restrictions.

--
Make every night a stag night!
www.partyprescriptions.co.uk

Old May 20th 06, 10:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Doc Holiday

Well, general rule of thumb now is if you find an ISP without throttling or
shaping, they have hard caps. So two ISPs that come to mind that don't mess
with the connection is Nildram and Zen... but they do have usage limits.

Old May 20th 06, 12:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 20 May 2006, "Doc Holiday" wrote:

Well, general rule of thumb now is if you find an ISP without throttling or
shaping, they have hard caps. So two ISPs that come to mind that don't mess
with the connection is Nildram and Zen... but they do have usage limits.

Zen's isn't a "hard cap", but you'll pay for each extra GB, on new accounts
(the "up to 8000 kbps" ones), at least! Peter M.