Fast 24

Old May 18th 06, 04:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Edgar

Default Fast 24

Does anybody know what is going on at Fast24? I would like a MAC code
from them, but they do not answer their phones. Also, they are having a
dispute with NetServices and I wonder what that is about.

Is there any way of getting hold of this shower so that I can get shot
of them?

TIA
John

Old May 19th 06, 09:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Wideboy

I'm glad I saw your post - I can't find any other Fast24 customers
these days! (Someone suggested that the '24' referred to the number of
customers they had left!) Thanks to your mention of NetServices I had a
look on their website and found this link:

http://www.netservicesplc.com/pr_fast24_issues.php

I sent an email to the address a few minutes ago and only received an
automated reply so far but I will post any further details here if I
get anything more. If nothing happens today I guess I'll be digging out
a modem to reinstall this weekend...

Old May 19th 06, 10:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Wideboy

Got a further email back from NetServices as below:

======================
Morning,

Thanks for your e-mail.

I have to advise you if you're intesrested in setting up a temporary
migration to us then please read below: -

As you are aware, there is currently a problem with delivering ADSL on
your account.

This is due to an issue which has arisen between your reseller, FAST24,
and NetServices. Because of the nature of this issue I need to read
from
a script which we have prepared in advance. I hope this is OK with you.

In case you aren't aware, NetServices are a wholesale ADSL provider who
supply network services to a number of companies - FAST24 included. I
am
unable to discuss the details of the specific issue with you as it is
confidential between NetServices and FAST24, but this help line has
been
set up specifically to assist affected end users.

Until such time as the issue between Fast24 and NetServices is
resolved,
we can provide you continuity of service if you agree to temporarily
migrate to become a direct customer of NetServices. Is this Ok with
you?

As a goodwill gesture, once you have migrated, NetServices will not
charge you for ADSL up to the end of this month. We can not comment on
behalf of FAST24 so you will need to speak with them directly regarding
your account with FAST24. We do not have any visibility of your
agreement with them.

If you agree to the above statement, then if you can ring 0161 386 5800
and quote this ticket number.

Regards,
Broadband Support.
======================

The ticket number is given in the subject line of the email, BTW.
I'm contemplating what to do now. Is the matter likely to be resolved
soon do you think?

Old May 19th 06, 12:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
anonymous

On 19 May 2006 "Wideboy" wrote:

Until such time as the issue between Fast24 and NetServices is
resolved, we can provide you continuity of service if you agree to
temporarily migrate to become a direct customer of NetServices.
Is this Ok with you?

As a goodwill gesture, once you have migrated, NetServices will not
charge you for ADSL up to the end of this month. We can not comment on
behalf of FAST24 so you will need to speak with them directly regarding
your account with FAST24. We do not have any visibility of your
agreement with them.

The ticket number is given in the subject line of the email, BTW.
I'm contemplating what to do now. Is the matter likely to be resolved
soon do you think?

It looks like your best option is to do this "temporary migration" to
their service and then "jump ship" to another ISP. I am in the
process
of switching to Eclipse (which gives 1 month free). See the news
section
on http://www.adslguide.org.uk/ as they have a piece about Fast24 too.

--
Want "up to 8 Mps" ADSL - see http://web.dslmax.info/