Migration away from F9/Tiscali

Old May 18th 06, 04:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Eborn

Default Migration away from F9/Tiscali

Does anybody know where I could get a list of ISPs that I can migrate
since I have been moved from BT Wholesale to Tiscali by my ISP
(force9)?
My ADSL had been working fine for around ayear until they did a LLU
unbundling thing on it and now I find it very hard to get a connection.
My modem
reports "DSL line down".

Regards,
Chris

Old May 18th 06, 05:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 18 May 2006, "Chris Eborn" wrote:

Does anybody know where I could get a list of ISPs that I can migrate
to since I have been moved from BT Wholesale to Tiscali

There's meant to be a trial of handling migrations from/to LLU in June.

I suspect your only option will be to ask F9 to cease ADSL and wait for
a few days, then be able to order ADSL from some other ISP (perhaps with
an activation fee to pay, and/or 12 months contract, set by ISP). Peter.
Old May 18th 06, 05:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Chris Eborn wrote:
Does anybody know where I could get a list of ISPs that I can migrate
since I have been moved from BT Wholesale to Tiscali by my ISP
(force9)?
My ADSL had been working fine for around ayear until they did a LLU
unbundling thing on it and now I find it very hard to get a
connection. My modem
reports "DSL line down".

Surely the first thing to to raise the matter with F9.

Peter Crosland

Old May 18th 06, 07:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jim

On 18 May 2006 08:57:28 -0700, "Chris Eborn"
wrote:

Does anybody know where I could get a list of ISPs that I can migrate
since I have been moved from BT Wholesale to Tiscali by my ISP
(force9)?
My ADSL had been working fine for around ayear until they did a LLU
unbundling thing on it and now I find it very hard to get a connection.
My modem
reports "DSL line down".

Regards,
Chris

Chris,
Did you request the LLU migration on your phone line ? They can't do
that without your express consent

Jim
Old May 18th 06, 07:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

wrote:

Does anybody know where I could get a list of ISPs that I can migrate
since I have been moved from BT Wholesale to Tiscali by my ISP
(force9)?
My ADSL had been working fine for around ayear until they did a LLU
unbundling thing on it and now I find it very hard to get a
connection. My modem
reports "DSL line down".

Regards,
Chris

Chris,
Did you request the LLU migration on your phone line ? They can't do
that without your express consent

They can and have done so!

Peter Crosland

Old May 18th 06, 09:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

jim wrote in
:

Did you request the LLU migration on your phone line ? They can't do
that without your express consent

Yes they can, you are buying a connection off an ISP. Nowhere in the
contract is there anything that says that the connection has to be
provided via a particular company or that the routing cannot be changed.
There was infact an option to opt out of LLU which got mailed to
everyone, although some people were migrated before that came into place.
That will happen all the time further upstream with different peers. If
the OP is having problems, the post indicates that they have not given
the ISP a chance to sort the issue.

--
Colin
Old May 19th 06, 11:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Eborn

the post indicates that they have not given
the ISP a chance to sort the issue.

I have had a fault report open with the ISP (force9) for over a month
now and they show no signs of resolving the issue, their last response
was "it must be because you are using an extension" despite the fact
that I told them I was not using an extension in my original fault
report. I will resist launching into a rant about their support here -
let's just say it's rather slow and painful.

Chris

Old May 19th 06, 12:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Lee

"Chris Eborn" wrote in message
ups.com...
the post indicates that they have not given
the ISP a chance to sort the issue.

I have had a fault report open with the ISP (force9) for over a month
now and they show no signs of resolving the issue, their last response
was "it must be because you are using an extension" despite the fact
that I told them I was not using an extension in my original fault
report. I will resist launching into a rant about their support here -
let's just say it's rather slow and painful.

Chris

There's a comparison table where you can compare ISP's (as voted upon by
customers) at
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/compare.asp

Joe Lee

Old May 19th 06, 06:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Eborn

Thnaks Joe,

I know of ADSL guide - great site, but I don't seem to be able to
figure out from there who I can migrate to since f9 decided to LLU me -
at the moment it looks to me like I will have to disconnect/reconnect.
Probably best to get it over and done with now rather than inflict more
plusnet pain on myself.

Chris

Old May 19th 06, 07:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Lee

"Chris Eborn" wrote in message
ups.com...

Thnaks Joe,

I know of ADSL guide - great site, but I don't seem to be able to
figure out from there who I can migrate to since f9 decided to LLU me -
at the moment it looks to me like I will have to disconnect/reconnect.

Yes but that won't restrict your choice of ISP will it? Decide which best
suits your needs & co-ordinate the change-over with them.

Probably best to get it over and done with now rather than inflict more
plusnet pain on myself.

There's no sign of PN improving, just the opposite, which is why I'm
changing over next week.

Good Luck with it.

Joe Lee

Chris