Who offers free landline calls?

Old May 19th 06, 12:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Tomlinson

Default Who offers free landline calls?

Hi all, do you good people have any recommendations for VoIP providers who
offer free calls to UK landlines?

I have looked at Voipcheap but they simply ignore my e-mail queries for
weeks, so I'm not going to give them my hard-earned money!

Anyone else you know of that isn't affiliated with them?
--
Thanks,
Me

I recommend www.Superhighstreet.com/home Finds anything or they pay for it!

Old May 19th 06, 12:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Cupis

Chris Tomlinson wrote:
Hi all, do you good people have any recommendations for VoIP providers who
offer free calls to UK landlines?

I have looked at Voipcheap but they simply ignore my e-mail queries for
weeks, so I'm not going to give them my hard-earned money!

Anyone else you know of that isn't affiliated with them?

You want to find a company that will pay for your phone calls and pay
for customer service/support people to answer your queries in a timely
manner?

Old May 19th 06, 12:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ACDeag

Chris Tomlinson formulated the question :
Hi all, do you good people have any recommendations for VoIP providers who
offer free calls to UK landlines?

I have looked at Voipcheap but they simply ignore my e-mail queries for
weeks, so I'm not going to give them my hard-earned money!

Anyone else you know of that isn't affiliated with them?

Try www.voip.co.uk, their website is a bit devoid of info, but they
seem to answer all emails. You can even have secondary geographic phone
numbers (that divert to main number)for only £2 each.

Old May 19th 06, 01:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Cupis

ACDeag wrote:
Chris Tomlinson formulated the question :
Hi all, do you good people have any recommendations for VoIP providers
who offer free calls to UK landlines?

I have looked at Voipcheap but they simply ignore my e-mail queries
for weeks, so I'm not going to give them my hard-earned money!

Anyone else you know of that isn't affiliated with them?

Try www.voip.co.uk, their website is a bit devoid of info, but they seem
to answer all emails. You can even have secondary geographic phone
numbers (that divert to main number)for only £2 each.

According to http://www.voip.co.uk/res_products.html, voip.co.uk charge
1ppm for call UK landlines on their basic account. On their additional
packs you can make this 2p or 0p for the first hour and then 1ppm at
certain times of day.
Old May 19th 06, 03:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Tomlinson

"Paul Cupis" wrote in message
Chris Tomlinson wrote:
Hi all, do you good people have any recommendations for VoIP providers
who
offer free calls to UK landlines?

I have looked at Voipcheap but they simply ignore my e-mail queries for
weeks, so I'm not going to give them my hard-earned money!

Anyone else you know of that isn't affiliated with them?

You want to find a company that will pay for your phone calls and pay
for customer service/support people to answer your queries in a timely
manner?

....yes, because I will be paying them for all other calls such as those to
mobiles, etc.

Not too bothered about 'timely fashion' but 3 weeks is ridiculous. They may
as well remove the contact form from their web site!

Old May 19th 06, 06:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ACDeag

on 19/05/2006, Paul Cupis supposed :
ACDeag wrote:
Chris Tomlinson formulated the question :
Hi all, do you good people have any recommendations for VoIP providers
who offer free calls to UK landlines?

I have looked at Voipcheap but they simply ignore my e-mail queries
for weeks, so I'm not going to give them my hard-earned money!

Anyone else you know of that isn't affiliated with them?

Try www.voip.co.uk, their website is a bit devoid of info, but they seem
to answer all emails. You can even have secondary geographic phone
numbers (that divert to main number)for only £2 each.

According to http://www.voip.co.uk/res_products.html, voip.co.uk charge
1ppm for call UK landlines on their basic account. On their additional
packs you can make this 2p or 0p for the first hour and then 1ppm at
certain times of day.

I was thinking more of the £1.99 per month and get free evening/weekend
calls etc.

I do not believe anyone offers UK calls free at all times for no charge
at all.

Old May 19th 06, 09:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Tomlinson

wrote in message

Not too bothered about 'timely fashion' but 3 weeks is ridiculous. They
may
as well remove the contact form from their web site!

Do stop moaning about this Chris ...

I was answering Paul's question. I don't keep moaning about it - I only
mentioned it once.

Old May 19th 06, 09:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

I have looked at Voipcheap but they simply ignore my e-mail queries for
weeks, so I'm not going to give them my hard-earned money!

Your loss Chris

£5 for the last 6 months of all-the-uk-landline-calls-you-can-make.

Plus my wife gets to call her friend in Australia as much as she wants

*PLUS* I can use up the £5 on competitively priced mobile calls

Even at the current £10, at these prices I will obtain any "support" I
require

From uktVoIP!

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old May 20th 06, 01:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Cupis

Chris Tomlinson wrote:
"Paul Cupis" wrote in message
Chris Tomlinson wrote:
Hi all, do you good people have any recommendations for VoIP providers
who
offer free calls to UK landlines?

I have looked at Voipcheap but they simply ignore my e-mail queries for
weeks, so I'm not going to give them my hard-earned money!

Anyone else you know of that isn't affiliated with them?

You want to find a company that will pay for your phone calls and pay
for customer service/support people to answer your queries in a timely
manner?

...yes, because I will be paying them for all other calls such as those to
mobiles, etc.

Not too bothered about 'timely fashion' but 3 weeks is ridiculous. They may
as well remove the contact form from their web site!

The problem is that a lot of people will signup for a number of services
and use the loss-leader for each, which makes it partciularly
ineffective for a single company to offer a loss-leader without trying
to tie the customer into their service along.
Old May 20th 06, 01:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Tomlinson

wrote in message
On 19 May 2006 22:49:42 +0200, "Graham" wrote:

Your loss Chris

£5 for the last 6 months of all-the-uk-landline-calls-you-can-make.

Plus my wife gets to call her friend in Australia as much as she wants

*PLUS* I can use up the £5 on competitively priced mobile calls

I have been using Vcheap and Sipdiscount for out going calls and
voipfone for incoming for quite a while now with no problems at all.
Incidentally I thought the cash you paid to Vcheap ran out after three
months but mine seems to keep going on and on I haven't actually used
any of my original fiver yet ) .

Guys let's not get all arsey. It's not a question of "your loss". I have
legitimate reasons for needing their support, otherwise I physically cannot
use the service or configure it. I didn't go into details as my question
was simple - are there any other free landline providers?

But since you have got into it, the problem is my Linksys PAP2 doesn't allow
me to configure separate incoming and outgoing providers. I need to use
Voipfone as my incoming provider as they're the only one that could port in
my landline number. However with that setup, I cannot use Voipcheap for
outgoing.

The reason is that the PAP2 supports dial plans, but needs both in & out
proxies to have the same username (it may be a bug but that's the facts).
Voipfone requires all numerical, and Voipcheap requires one letter!
Therefore I cannot share usernames and keep my landline (a must).

So, back to my question now you have all the explanations you could need...