Cancelling account

Old May 19th 06, 04:43 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Christopher

Default Cancelling account

Hi

I am Migrating services, my new ISP has the MAC code.
However what happens regarding my old Plusnet account.
Will it automatically be cancelled or do I have to do it.

If when should I notify Plusnet, before changing ISPs or after?

Thanks

Old May 19th 06, 05:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PL

Christopher wrote:
Hi

I am Migrating services, my new ISP has the MAC code.
However what happens regarding my old Plusnet account.
Will it automatically be cancelled or do I have to do it.

If when should I notify Plusnet, before changing ISPs or after?

When I left Metronet/Plusnet for Eclipse, Plusnet simply requested I
notify them of date of migration on the ticket I raised for the MAC.

I'm a light user (less than 2Gb a month) and for that purpose at least,
Eclipse are fine.
Old May 19th 06, 05:09 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
anonymous

In uk.telecom.broadband, "Christopher" wrote:

Will it automatically be cancelled or do I have to do it.

They no longer automatically cancel the account, in case someone decides
not to go (or leave it too long and the MAC would be invalid) so they
don't lose ADSL cmpletely, and then hit for a new activation fee!!

when should I notify Plusnet, before changing ISPs or after?

Afterwards.

--
Want DSL Max ? Switch ISP http://www.dslmax.info/
Old May 19th 06, 06:29 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

anonymous wrote:
In uk.telecom.broadband, "Christopher" wrote:

Will it automatically be cancelled or do I have to do it.

They no longer automatically cancel the account, in case someone decides
not to go (or leave it too long and the MAC would be invalid) so they
don't lose ADSL cmpletely, and then hit for a new activation fee!!

Yes we do. We receive a report from BT upon successful outbound
migration. The account is then downgraded to a free dial up account
before any further payments are taken.

when should I notify Plusnet, before changing ISPs or after?

Afterwards.

There is little need to do this.

Regards,

Old May 19th 06, 08:00 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Tids

"Plusnet Support Team" wrote in message
when should I notify Plusnet, before changing ISPs or after?

Afterwards.

There is little need to do this.

Little need? or no need?

Old May 19th 06, 08:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

Plusnet Support Team wrote:
anonymous wrote:
In uk.telecom.broadband, "Christopher" wrote:

Will it automatically be cancelled or do I have to do it.

They no longer automatically cancel the account, in case someone
decides not to go (or leave it too long and the MAC would be
invalid) so they don't lose ADSL cmpletely, and then hit for a new
activation fee!!

Yes we do. We receive a report from BT upon successful outbound
migration. The account is then downgraded to a free dial up account
before any further payments are taken.

Really? To tell the truth I suppose mine was, at least I got an e-mail
saying it was, but then it was cancelled. Took a bit of effort to get it
reinstated. I don't think I was the only one either.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Old May 19th 06, 11:21 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
A User

"Tids" wrote in message

"Plusnet Support Team" wrote in message
when should I notify Plusnet, before changing ISPs or after?

Afterwards.

There is little need to do this.

Little need? or no need?

My interpretation is that they don't want people to let them know... cos
then they technically haven't lost you as a customer and can still say they
have so many millions despite the flock of people who seem to be leaving.

Old May 20th 06, 02:35 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Tids wrote:
"Plusnet Support Team" wrote in message
when should I notify Plusnet, before changing ISPs or after?
Afterwards.

There is little need to do this.

Little need? or no need?

No need.

Regards,

Old May 20th 06, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Old Codger wrote:
Plusnet Support Team wrote:
anonymous wrote:
In uk.telecom.broadband, "Christopher" wrote:

Will it automatically be cancelled or do I have to do it.
They no longer automatically cancel the account, in case someone
decides not to go (or leave it too long and the MAC would be
invalid) so they don't lose ADSL cmpletely, and then hit for a new
activation fee!!

Yes we do. We receive a report from BT upon successful outbound
migration. The account is then downgraded to a free dial up account
before any further payments are taken.

Really? To tell the truth I suppose mine was, at least I got an e-mail
saying it was, but then it was cancelled. Took a bit of effort to get it
reinstated. I don't think I was the only one either.

We used to cancel them, we now downgrade them by default.

Regards,

Old May 20th 06, 03:09 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Schrodinger's Cat

Tids wrote:
"Plusnet Support Team" wrote in message
when should I notify Plusnet, before changing ISPs or after?
Afterwards.

There is little need to do this.

Little need? or no need?

No need.

Regards,

--
|Bob Pullen Broadband Solutions for
|Support Home & Business @
|PlusNet plc. www.plus.net

Hi Bob,

As long as you are here would you mind taking a look at my post "PlusNet
Contact us is broken."

Your view would be appreciated.

TIA

Martin