Joined Eclipse Net

Old May 19th 06, 04:54 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Christopher

Default Joined Eclipse Net

Leaving Plusnet for Eclipse.

Seen good reports about them, anyone had experience of them here?

Old May 19th 06, 05:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Hutchings

In article ,
"Christopher" wrote:

Leaving Plusnet for Eclipse.

Seen good reports about them, anyone had experience of them here?

Check out their forum on adslguide.org.uk - might be a few issues atm.

Paul

Old May 19th 06, 05:53 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Doug Nowell

"Christopher" wrote in message
Leaving Plusnet for Eclipse.

Seen good reports about them, anyone had experience of them here?

I wonder how long it will be before Plusnet take over Eclipse ..... !!!!

Old May 19th 06, 05:58 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Joskin

"Christopher" wrote in message
Leaving Plusnet for Eclipse.

Seen good reports about them, anyone had experience of them here?

I found them OK if nothing went wrong.
Hard work if you wanted something out of the ordinary (EG "Why doesn't my
outgoing email work?" turned out they had firewalled it by mistake, but took
days to admit it.)
On the whole I (slightly) prefer PN.

Old May 19th 06, 06:15 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Pete M Williams

"Christopher" wrote in message
Leaving Plusnet for Eclipse.

Seen good reports about them, anyone had experience of them here?

Don't do it.
Just look at the Eclipse forum on ADSLGuide.
A quick scan through of the first couple of pages should tell you what their
customers think of the service.

As a soon to be ex Eclipse user I would not get my worst enemy to sign up
with this second rate ISP.
You can get a much better service from other well respected ISP's.

Old May 19th 06, 06:38 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article , Doug
Nowell says...
"Christopher" wrote in message
Leaving Plusnet for Eclipse.

Seen good reports about them, anyone had experience of them here?

I wonder how long it will be before Plusnet take over Eclipse ..... !!!!

Never. Eclipse was already taken over by Kingston some time ago.

I'd think PusNet would be a takeover target themselves before much
longer.
Old May 19th 06, 07:28 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
soundforger

"Pete M Williams" [email protected] wrote in message

Don't do it.
Just look at the Eclipse forum on ADSLGuide.
A quick scan through of the first couple of pages should tell you what
their customers think of the service.

As a soon to be ex Eclipse user I would not get my worst enemy to sign up
with this second rate ISP.
You can get a much better service from other well respected ISP's.

Hi Pete
I'm with Plusnet at the moment and am thinking of changing.
Eclipse is one ISP I have looked at and they seem to offer what I want.
Who are you going with?

Paul

Old May 19th 06, 07:37 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Andy

"Pete M Williams" [email protected], on Fri, 19 May 2006 18:15:19
+0100, said

"Christopher" wrote in message
Leaving Plusnet for Eclipse.

Seen good reports about them, anyone had experience of them here?

Don't do it.
Just look at the Eclipse forum on ADSLGuide.
A quick scan through of the first couple of pages should tell you what their
customers think of the service.

As a soon to be ex Eclipse user I would not get my worst enemy to sign up
with this second rate ISP.
You can get a much better service from other well respected ISP's.

This poster is the same one that used to be on BT, then Plusnet, now
currently Eclipse - you can assume that his point is invalid. It seems
that no ISP is right for him, otherwise he would be there from the
word 'go'

--
Andy
----

Old May 19th 06, 08:20 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Pete M Williams

"Andy" wrote in message
"Pete M Williams" [email protected], on Fri, 19 May 2006 18:15:19
+0100, said

This poster is the same one that used to be on BT, then Plusnet, now
currently Eclipse - you can assume that his point is invalid. It seems
that no ISP is right for him, otherwise he would be there from the
word 'go'

Yes I have tried a few ISP's.

I was with BTO as when I was on the trial for BB in 2000 as they were the
only BB ISP in the UK.

I moved to PN when I did as at the time they offered a better package than
BTO.

I then left PN and went to Eclipse as they did not have any caps and did not
throttle your connection. As they have now changed my accounts I see no
reason why I should stay.

I have had over six months of unlimited service from them for which I am
grateful.

If I had stopped with PN I could not have said that, could I?

Andy, you seem a person that is very set in your ways and so be it, it takes
all sorts.

I on the other hand will try and change different companies, be it for
internet services, utility suppliers or credit cards. The days when the
Great British public stayed with the one company for life because their
parents did is long gone "present company excluded Andy"

My money is spent where and when I see fit. No company should be able to
rely on an income off any customer because of their past glories, know what
I am saying here Andy?

However, saying that some people seem unable to see past the end of their
nose and will blindly go on spending money with a company just because they
always have, hey Andy?