Speedtouch 716WL, further documentation on CLI in particular

Old May 20th 06, 06:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Speedtouch 716WL, further documentation on CLI in particular

I have a Speedtouch 716WL router which is excellent, it has been much
more stable than the Zyxels which I used before. However I would like
to tune the firewall a bit and that would appear only to be possible
by using the CLI.

I have found and downloaded the CLI reference manual which gives
detailed information about each command but it gives no help at all on
how to use the commands. It does say at the beginning:-

"For a description on the functional use of the CLI commands see the
corresponding SpeedTouch guides and application notes."

However I can't find the "corresponding SpeedTouch guides and
application notes", can anyone suggest where I might find these - or
any other descriptions of how to use the Speedtouch CLI.

--
Chris Green

Old May 21st 06, 03:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Lee

wrote in message news:[email protected]
I have a Speedtouch 716WL router which is excellent, it has been much
more stable than the Zyxels which I used before. However I would like
to tune the firewall a bit and that would appear only to be possible
by using the CLI.

I have found and downloaded the CLI reference manual which gives
detailed information about each command but it gives no help at all on
how to use the commands. It does say at the beginning:-

"For a description on the functional use of the CLI commands see the
corresponding SpeedTouch guides and application notes."

However I can't find the "corresponding SpeedTouch guides and
application notes", can anyone suggest where I might find these - or
any other descriptions of how to use the Speedtouch CLI.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...fm/458420.html

Joe Lee

Chris Green

Old May 21st 06, 07:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote:
Moonshine wrote:
On 20 May 2006 16:42:23 -0100,
wrote:

I have a Speedtouch 716WL router which is excellent, it has been much
more stable than the Zyxels which I used before. However I would like
to tune the firewall a bit and that would appear only to be possible
by using the CLI.

I have found and downloaded the CLI reference manual which gives
detailed information about each command but it gives no help at all on
how to use the commands. It does say at the beginning:-

"For a description on the functional use of the CLI commands see the
corresponding SpeedTouch guides and application notes."

However I can't find the "corresponding SpeedTouch guides and
application notes", can anyone suggest where I might find these - or
any other descriptions of how to use the Speedtouch CLI.

The later 5.4 firmware does allow you to create your own firewall
settings via the GUI...

Ah, thanks, I'd downloaded the firmware upgrade but haven't installed
it yet, I will now.

.... and now I have the one thing that was missing from the Speedtouch,
a more 'tunable' firewall - excellent!

They seem to have added some extras to the VOIP stuff too but I
haven't yet really investigated that.

--
Chris Green