Blueyonder

Old May 21st 06, 09:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Big Dov

Default Blueyonder

Hey
I'm thinking of getting blueyonder broadband. I have three computers, I was
going to buy the netgear RP614 router. Can anyone tell me if blueyonder
supply the settings for the router. I'm currently with pipex and use a
DG814, pipex supplied all the settings. I just wondered if blueyonder were
on the ball.

Old May 21st 06, 10:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ACDeag

Big Dov was thinking very hard :
Hey
I'm thinking of getting blueyonder broadband. I have three computers, I was
going to buy the netgear RP614 router. Can anyone tell me if blueyonder
supply the settings for the router. I'm currently with pipex and use a
DG814, pipex supplied all the settings. I just wondered if blueyonder were
on the ball.

Have been with them for 6 years, had very very few issues in that time,
rock solid service.

Don't sign up for the phone service though as it is expensive and poor
value nowadays.

Old May 21st 06, 10:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

On Sun, 21 May 2006 09:53:23 +0100, "Big Dov"
wrote:

Hey
I'm thinking of getting blueyonder broadband. I have three computers, I was
going to buy the netgear RP614 router. Can anyone tell me if blueyonder
supply the settings for the router. I'm currently with pipex and use a
DG814, pipex supplied all the settings. I just wondered if blueyonder were
on the ball.

BY will not support it but theres not really much settings required
and it will probably work out of the box.

All you need to do is make sure it is set to obtain ip address and DNS
servers automatically and set it to no authentication required (which
I think sre the defualt settings anyway) and it should work just fine.

Anything else that you may want to do (port forwarding, ip address
reservation, keyword/URL blocking), etc is optional and you can do
yourself if required.
Old May 21st 06, 10:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Big Brian

there is no settings

My router just plugs into Broadband router vie Ethenet and then Iplug main
PC into that via ethernet and others connect wirelessly

Old May 21st 06, 01:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Loz

Big Dov wrote:
Hey
I'm thinking of getting blueyonder broadband. I have three computers, I was
going to buy the netgear RP614 router. Can anyone tell me if blueyonder
supply the settings for the router. I'm currently with pipex and use a
DG814, pipex supplied all the settings. I just wondered if blueyonder were
on the ball.

It's unsupported, but it will work. I use a Linksys WRT54G and it worked
out the box. Of course I then made sure I turned on WPA etc.

There are also a number of internal newsgroups that can provide help and
advice, should you need it.

I personally find blueyonder broadband fantastic. Shame you can't get it
in more places.

Old May 22nd 06, 10:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob Walker

"Loz" wrote in message
. uk...
Big Dov wrote:
Hey
I'm thinking of getting blueyonder broadband. I have three computers, I
was
going to buy the netgear RP614 router. Can anyone tell me if blueyonder
supply the settings for the router. I'm currently with pipex and use a
DG814, pipex supplied all the settings. I just wondered if blueyonder
were
on the ball.

It's unsupported, but it will work. I use a Linksys WRT54G and it worked
out the box. Of course I then made sure I turned on WPA etc.

There are also a number of internal newsgroups that can provide help and
advice, should you need it.

I personally find blueyonder broadband fantastic. Shame you can't get it
in more places.

totally agree