The Windows Live Messenger Team would like your feedback!

Old May 22nd 06, 08:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Messenger Voice/Video Feedback

Default The Windows Live Messenger Team would like your feedback!

The Messenger Voice/Video team from Microsoft needs your help! We're
looking for feedback on the new Voice Connectivity Platform in our latest
v8.0 Beta.

How can you help??
- Try installing the current v8.0 Beta from http://ideas.live.com and make
PC-to-PC or PC-to-Phone calls to your friends/family. What we'd like to
know is a) Was the call successful? b) How long did it take for the call to
connect? c) How was the Audio Quality?

NOTE: To use the new Voice Connectivity Platform for PC-to-PC Calls, both
users will need to be on the v8.0 Beta. If one user is on v7.5, Voice calls
should still be backwards compatible.

Please report any Messenger Voice/Video issues to .

Also, please don't forget to check out the official Messenger Blog at
http://spaces.msn.com/MessengerSays/

Thanks!

- The Messenger Team

Old May 22nd 06, 08:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Watch out! This looks a lot like a phishing site!!

Old May 22nd 06, 04:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
gumu

If it is legit, it's strange that it is asking for usernames and
passwords on http and not https. Would you put your details into this
site??

Old May 22nd 06, 05:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Richard H Huelin

"gumu" wrote in message
ups.com...
If it is legit, it's strange that it is asking for usernames and
passwords on http and not https. Would you put your details into this
site??

Also very strange that it came from a Comcast account, one of the worst
cesspits of zombie PC networks.

Old May 22nd 06, 07:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martyn Dewar

Richard H Huelin wrote:

"gumu" wrote in message
ups.com...

If it is legit, it's strange that it is asking for usernames and
passwords on http and not https. Would you put your details into this
site??

Also very strange that it came from a Comcast account, one of the worst
cesspits of zombie PC networks.

Look closely at the sending host, it's in Seattle - the Windows Live
Messenger team are in Seattle.

Furthermore, the login can be forced to be HTTPS by changing http:// to
https:// - looks like MS simply made a mistake in the link on the website.

It is genuine though, and Microsoft have been touting it for a while.

See http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=live.com for some further
evidence that it is actually MS.

--
Martyn Dewar
E: newsreply(at)dont-spam.me.uk
Old May 23rd 06, 07:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
C. Señor

"Messenger Voice/Video Feedback" wrote:
- Try installing the current v8.0 Beta from http://ideas.live.com and
make

Are you trying to "out beta" Google? Looks like someone at Microsoft
thinks that "beta" is a magic word that will make a product take off. That
website reminds me of the Southpark episode: The Simpsons Already Did It.
Old May 24th 06, 08:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Messenger Voice/Video Feedback

Yes, the links that were provided are legit and the e-mail address
' is a distribution list which will actually get you in
touch with the Messenger Development Team that focuses on the Audio/Video
feature(s).

We're trying to get as much feedback on the Audio/Video features as we can
before we release our final version. If you haven't tried out the Beta
already, please give it a try and let us know your feedback.

Thanks!

"Martyn Dewar" wrote in message
Richard H Huelin wrote:

ups.com...

Old May 24th 06, 09:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Messenger Voice/Video Feedback

Nope! We're just trying to get as much feedback from 'out in the wild' as
we can. There is only so much testing a product team can do in a controlled
lab environment. We want your feedback to see where we can improve and also
address any annoying bugs before we launch our final release.

Thanks,

The Messenger Team
news

Old May 24th 06, 11:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
C. Señor

"Messenger Voice/Video Feedback" wrote:
"C. Señor" wrote in message
news
"Messenger Voice/Video Feedback" wrote:
- Try installing the current v8.0 Beta from http://ideas.live.com and
make

Are you trying to "out beta" Google? Looks like someone at Microsoft
thinks that "beta" is a magic word that will make a product take off.
That website reminds me of the Southpark episode: The Simpsons Already
Did It.

Nope! We're just trying to get as much feedback from 'out in the wild'
as we can. There is only so much testing a product team can do in a
controlled lab environment. We want your feedback to see where we can
improve and also address any annoying bugs before we launch our final
release.

Thanks,

The Messenger Team

Here's some feedback you may find useful:

On Usenet it's generally considered bad 'net eqiquette' to post at the
top. See how now I've moved your post to a more sensible place it's now
easy to read? If you top post you tend to get something like this:

So it doesn't mess up the flow of reading.
How come?
I prefer to reply inline.
What do you do instead?
No.
Do you like top-posting?

Please feel free to print this message out and pin it up around
Microsoft's offices so that others may learn.

Also, you should stop using Outlook Express.