VoIP system for large company

Old May 22nd 06, 10:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Davies

Default VoIP system for large company

I'm looking for recommendations for a company who might be able to provide
us with a VoIP-based phone system for a multi-site medium-sided company
(90 trunks, 250+ extensions at Head Office, between 6t/20x and 30t/100x
at 16 or so other branches).

We already use Lucent/Avaya Index across most sites, but with neither
tie-lines nor VoIP (yet). Asterisk would be an acceptable candidate
system.

(We have a decent IP network already in place. Some providers seem to
want to try and replace our entire IP network; this is not an option.)

Thanks,
Chris
Old May 22nd 06, 10:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Chris Davies" wrote in message

I'm looking for recommendations for a company who might
be able to provide us with a VoIP-based phone system for
a multi-site medium-sided company (90 trunks, 250+
extensions at Head Office, between 6t/20x and 30t/100x at
16 or so other branches).

We already use Lucent/Avaya Index across most sites, but
with neither tie-lines nor VoIP (yet). Asterisk would be
an acceptable candidate system.

(We have a decent IP network already in place. Some
providers seem to want to try and replace our entire IP
network; this is not an option.)

Thanks,
Chris

Have you looked at Gradwell..? Might be what you're looking for -
www.gradwell.com/voip

Ivor

Old May 22nd 06, 10:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Chris Davies wrote:
I'm looking for recommendations for a company who might be able to provide
us with a VoIP-based phone system for a multi-site medium-sided company
(90 trunks, 250+ extensions at Head Office, between 6t/20x and 30t/100x
at 16 or so other branches).

We already use Lucent/Avaya Index across most sites, but with neither
tie-lines nor VoIP (yet). Asterisk would be an acceptable candidate
system.

(We have a decent IP network already in place. Some providers seem to
want to try and replace our entire IP network; this is not an option.)

Thanks,
Chris

I'm very much out of touch, but some Avaya equipment supported H.323
channels (with upgrades), you never know. You may be able to get boards
for your current hardware.

People on uk.telecom are generally more au fait with surch equipment.
Old May 22nd 06, 04:01 PM
mindblend mindblend is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Davies
I'm looking for recommendations for a company who might be able to provide
us with a VoIP-based phone system for a multi-site medium-sided company
(90 trunks, 250+ extensions at Head Office, between 6t/20x and 30t/100x
at 16 or so other branches).

We already use Lucent/Avaya Index across most sites, but with neither
tie-lines nor VoIP (yet). Asterisk would be an acceptable candidate
system.

(We have a decent IP network already in place. Some providers seem to
want to try and replace our entire IP network; this is not an option.)

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris,

I would be happy to have a chat with you about getting this system set up. You can either drop me a line on 08700 271 336 or email michael (at) kinitron.co.uk.

We supply exactly these kind of systems and are experienced with working with existing Avaya installations.

Many thanks,

Mike
Old May 23rd 06, 09:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Chris Davies wrote:

(We have a decent IP network already in place. Some providers seem to
want to try and replace our entire IP network; this is not an option.)

If you're expecting the company who installs your VoIP system to support it
once it's installed, you don't want to be in a situation where they blame
your IP network for poor quality calls or reliability issues [for example],
and vice versa. Them doing what they need to do to your IP network would
hopefully preclude this. And probably make it just as expensive as a
proprietary phone system. Oh well, swings and roundabouts!

alexd
--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
21:48:11 up 3 days, 15:45, 0 users, load average: 0.54, 0.47, 0.46

Old May 24th 06, 04:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
MartinC

Chris,

If you want a gradual migration to a Voip system might be worth
considering keeping the Lucent / Avaya phones you have and fitting
Citel Handset Gateways. No LAN upgrades, No re-training users, no
re-cabling to the desk. Works great with Asterisk.

www.citel.com

Disclaimer: I work for Citel
;-)

Martin

Old May 24th 06, 09:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PeterW

Chris Davies wrote in
:

I'm looking for recommendations for a company who might be able to
provide us with a VoIP-based phone system for a multi-site
medium-sided company (90 trunks, 250+ extensions at Head Office,
between 6t/20x and 30t/100x at 16 or so other branches).

We already use Lucent/Avaya Index across most sites, but with neither
tie-lines nor VoIP (yet). Asterisk would be an acceptable candidate
system.

(We have a decent IP network already in place. Some providers seem to
want to try and replace our entire IP network; this is not an option.)

Thanks,
Chris

We have had the Lucent Definity at work interfaced to the rest of the
company via a Nortel Succession VoIP link. We have also had some new
offices kitted out with Nortel CS1000 systems (~250 extensions) and use
them also to run a long-haul link to India. You really need to have QoS
support but the first link runs over a BT MPLS without QoS alongside the
WAN link with very few noticeable dropouts.

Peter W.