Adding laptop to printer network

Old May 22nd 06, 08:12 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
John Orrett

Default Adding laptop to printer network

Hi all, a mate of mine has a wireless home network set up, with two
machines on XP sharing a printer over the network (both PCs are in the
same workgroup name).

My mate also accesses the internet over the network on his work laptop
with no problem. What he wants to do is access the printer on the
network through his laptop, but we cannot get it to work. He logs into
the laptop through a work domain. We have tried to use the Network id
configuration in System Properties, but all that did was lose his domain
details, and change the workgroup name to the same as the two home
machines!The printer still didn't pick up, and he couldn't vpn into his
work, so we gave up.

Is there any way he can access the printer remotely?
Cheers,
John