Pipex: Capped Accounts

Old May 22nd 06, 07:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
zeebop

Default Pipex: Capped Accounts

Hi,

I've just noticed Pipex have a 15GB cap on their 23.99 Pipex Go
account.

So if they enforce that on my account I'll want to move.

Any recommendations for an uncapped (or at least 50GB per month)
I would also like binary news access if possible.

Thanks

zeebop
Old May 22nd 06, 08:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 22 May 2006 19:04, zeebop wrote:

Any recommendations for an uncapped (or at least 50GB per month)
I would also like binary news access if possible.

you'd best give an indicator of what you're willing to spend and
anything else you are after, because there may be a number of ISPs
that offer a larger traffic allowance, but at a fee you would never
wish to pay (eg Zen 34.99 - I think - for 50 GB limit)... Peter M.

[ NB not sure whether you will find any uncapped, now most ISPs
have significant costs if your connection gets to be 4+ Mbps. ]
Old May 23rd 06, 01:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stuart Bell

zeebop wrote:

Hi,

I've just noticed Pipex have a 15GB cap on their 23.99 Pipex Go
account.

So if they enforce that on my account I'll want to move.

Any recommendations for an uncapped (or at least 50GB per month)
I would also like binary news access if possible.

I was on their Lite 2000 service for a few months. I saw no evidence of
a cap being enforced. If you're otherwise happy - eg is _your_ webspace
working OK, I'd wait to see what happens.

Stuart
--
Try stuartsmacs at dsl dot pipex dot com to email me.

Old May 25th 06, 12:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Finnigan

zeebop wrote:

I've just noticed Pipex have a 15GB cap on their 23.99 Pipex Go
account.

So if they enforce that on my account I'll want to move.

Not directly relevant, but I think it is worth mentioning....

My exchange was very late getting Broadband, so I'm just getting to
the end of my first 12 months. I chose Pipex Solo 250 as it gave me a
guaranteed 15 pounds a month no matter what my children downloaded,
free connection and modem, and the low speed was acceptable to me.
However, Pipex have kept quiet about migration plans, so I was
considering Nildram not yet convinced about the download limits.

I just got a call from Pipex sales (with an 0800 number on the CLI).
They are prepared to offer my a speed upgrade to MaxDSL (4.5Mbps ish)
free of charge, keeping the same monthly payment and download limit
(i.e. none), provided I agree to a new 12 month contract (for broadband)
and try their new home phone package (in assocation with a Manchester
company they have just bought) for at least 1 month. Say yes now and
we'll send you the paperwork with 14 days to change your mind.

Well, I can't see anyone beating unlimited downloads on MaxDSl at 15
a month, even in a year's time.