NTL problems

Old May 22nd 06, 10:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TEW

Default NTL problems

I've been having trouble while browsing the web, keep getting "The page
cannot be displayed" messages with must sites, I recall having this problem
a while ago when something at NTL ****ed up. Are any other NTL users having
the same problem at the moment?

I really don't want to call NTL. The last time I called their helpline
about something I was left holding for ages at first and then got connected
to some **** in India who couldn't understand a word I said, after trying to
explain things and being put on hold several more times the guy eventually
arranged for an engineer to call out, when I asked when he'd be coming the
guy said he would need to check with his supervisor to find out and left me
on hold again, after a few minutes I'd had enough and hung up. The total
call lasted over an hour (on an 0845 number). And no engineer ever called
out...

Old May 22nd 06, 10:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

Yep same problem here
Even tried changing proxies but it doesn't seem to be helping

Old May 22nd 06, 10:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

"Jim" wrote in message
Yep same problem here
Even tried changing proxies but it doesn't seem to be helping

Looks like it is a problem !!!!

http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/ServiceSt...px?FaultID=526

Old May 23rd 06, 07:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

"TEW" wrote in message
[...]

NTL had a major outage last night ... look like they're still having
problems.
Nowt new there then /

Old May 23rd 06, 05:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pier Danone

"Gizmo" wrote in message

| "TEW" wrote in message
| I've been having trouble while browsing the web, keep getting "The page
| cannot be displayed" messages with must sites, I recall having this
| problem
| a while ago when something at NTL ****ed up. Are any other NTL users
| having
| the same problem at the moment?
|
| I really don't want to call NTL. The last time I called their helpline
| about something I was left holding for ages at first and then got
| connected
| to some **** in India who couldn't understand a word I said, after trying
| explain things and being put on hold several more times the guy eventually
| arranged for an engineer to call out, when I asked when he'd be coming the
| guy said he would need to check with his supervisor to find out and left
| me
| on hold again, after a few minutes I'd had enough and hung up. The total
| call lasted over an hour (on an 0845 number). And no engineer ever called
| out...
|
| NTL had a major outage last night ... look like they're still having
| problems.
| Nowt new there then /

Count yourself lucky, the bitch in India told me it was all my fault and my
router was faulty.
She said as I could see the BBC website it must be my kit. Sure, I could get the
BBC website but not google, ebay or anything else.

Bless. And at 10 pence a minute for 45 minutes, money so well spent.......

Old May 23rd 06, 11:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jock Mackirdy

In article , Tew wrote:
I've been having trouble while browsing the web, keep getting "The page
cannot be displayed" messages with must sites,... Are any other NTL users
having the same problem at the moment?

My modem was constantly twinkling and rebooting itself last night (Monday) but
was 100% OK this morning.

--

Jock Mackirdy
Bedford

Old May 24th 06, 12:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

"Pier Danone" Pier wrote in message

"Gizmo" wrote in message

| "TEW" wrote in message
| I've been having trouble while browsing the web, keep getting "The
page
| cannot be displayed" messages with must sites, I recall having this
| problem
| a while ago when something at NTL ****ed up. Are any other NTL users
| having
| the same problem at the moment?
|
| I really don't want to call NTL. The last time I called their
helpline
| about something I was left holding for ages at first and then got
| connected
| to some **** in India who couldn't understand a word I said, after
trying
| explain things and being put on hold several more times the guy
eventually
| arranged for an engineer to call out, when I asked when he'd be coming
the
| guy said he would need to check with his supervisor to find out and
left
| me
| on hold again, after a few minutes I'd had enough and hung up. The
total
| call lasted over an hour (on an 0845 number). And no engineer ever
called
| out...
|
| NTL had a major outage last night ... look like they're still having
| problems.
| Nowt new there then /

Count yourself lucky, the bitch in India told me it was all my fault and
my
router was faulty.
She said as I could see the BBC website it must be my kit. Sure, I could
get the
BBC website but not google, ebay or anything else.

Bless. And at 10 pence a minute for 45 minutes, money so well spent.......

I've heard 2 stories now,
One says there was a major outage, the other says it was down to a DOS
attack.