CP SecureClient problem with BT (Business)

Old May 23rd 06, 11:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sadja

Default CP SecureClient problem with BT (Business)

Hi,

Now right to the point:

One of our salesmen has a BT Business Account (with a Voyager 220V
Router.. thing..). He is one of our roughly 200 employees who use the
CheckPoint VPN-1 SecureClient (R55, AI). But he happens to be the only
one with problems.

Enabling the Connectivity Enhancement Settings (Support IKE over TCP or
Force UDP encapsulation) in the CheckPoint SecureClient Advanced
Connectivity Settings promptly results in the Client to not work at
all. Authentication runs fine (I see it in the log on my end at the vpn
gateway), but the "gateway is not responding" anyways.

Disabling it solves that problem, even though all our other employees
are using those settings just fine.

However, even though the connection now runs fine, whenever our gateway
and the client go through another IKE exchange (at least that's what I
think it is, I'm still learning...) our BT user is asked to
authenticate. Again.

This happens after exactly 10 minutes. Two or three minutes after that
it asks for authentication again.

Note: There is no error logging entry visible on the gateway or the
SecureClient Diagnostics so far.

Once that is done it takes another few minutes until we (on the gateway
side) receive a keep-alive signal and there goes the connection for
good.

SecureClient Diagnostics complains about not having received an IP
address. This is Office Mode in case I forgot to mention. Of course I
forgot to mention..

Anyways.
I've been beating around the bush.

Can anybody give me pointers into the right direction? (or tell me a
solution..he..he.hehe..)

--
Sadja
Old May 23rd 06, 09:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Sadja wrote:

One of our salesmen has a BT Business Account (with a Voyager 220V
Router.. thing..). He is one of our roughly 200 employees who use the
CheckPoint VPN-1 SecureClient (R55, AI). But he happens to be the only
one with problems.

Go to www.btbroadbandoffice.com, click on the help and support tab,
type "voyager vpn" and search, look for the question listed as "How to
correct problems when using a VPN via the Voyager 220v router"

Will hopefully sort you out.

Regards

William MacLeod

Old May 26th 06, 08:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sadja

Wrote:

Go to
www.btbroadbandoffice.com, click on the help and support tab,
type "voyager vpn" and search, look for the question listed as "How to
correct problems when using a VPN via the Voyager 220v router"

Will hopefully sort you out.

Regards

William MacLeod

Thank you... that fixed it. I was reluctant to try it at first as
screwing the router up would have gotten me into some big trouble.. but
seeing as nothing else I tried worked I followed your advise.

Our salesman is now able to use his VPN connection without problem.

Thank you again.

--
Sadja
Old May 27th 06, 08:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Sadja wrote:

Our salesman is now able to use his VPN connection without problem.

Good :-)

Glad it's working.

Regards

William MacLeod