New Nokia Voip Enabled Phones

Old May 23rd 06, 06:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JCH

Default New Nokia Voip Enabled Phones

Can anyone confirm that the Nokia phones (such as N80, E60 or E61)
work with a SIP account, not theoretically, but actually!. Also, how
easy is it to use? I would like to make most of my calls over VOIP and
don't want alot of messing to make the calls.

Thanks, John.

Old May 23rd 06, 06:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

JCH wrote:
Can anyone confirm that the Nokia phones (such as N80, E60 or E61)
work with a SIP account, not theoretically, but actually!. Also, how
easy is it to use? I would like to make most of my calls over VOIP and
don't want alot of messing to make the calls.

I had a play with one of my employee's new Nokia phones. Yes, it did
have options to put in SIP details but I couldn't get it to do anything.

Tim
Old May 23rd 06, 06:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Tim wrote:
JCH wrote:
Can anyone confirm that the Nokia phones (such as N80, E60 or E61)
work with a SIP account, not theoretically, but actually!. Also, how
easy is it to use? I would like to make most of my calls over VOIP and
don't want alot of messing to make the calls.

I had a play with one of my employee's new Nokia phones. Yes, it did
have options to put in SIP details but I couldn't get it to do anything.

Apparently the current firmware for the N80 is broken so doesn't work,
whereas getting the E60 and E61 to work is possible but as difficult as
passing an elephant.

This is all from reading forums, and not based (yet) on personal experience.
Old May 23rd 06, 09:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Thomas Kenyon wrote:

Tim wrote:
JCH wrote:
Can anyone confirm that the Nokia phones (such as N80, E60 or E61)
work with a SIP account, not theoretically, but actually!. Also, how
easy is it to use? I would like to make most of my calls over VOIP and
don't want alot of messing to make the calls.

I had a play with one of my employee's new Nokia phones. Yes, it did
have options to put in SIP details but I couldn't get it to do anything.

Apparently the current firmware for the N80 is broken so doesn't work,
whereas getting the E60 and E61 to work is possible but as difficult as
passing an elephant.

This is all from reading forums, and not based (yet) on personal
experience.

Which kind of beggars the question, what is the point? I thought the main
feature of these phones was VoIP over WiFi!

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
21:47:00 up 3 days, 15:44, 0 users, load average: 0.76, 0.48, 0.46

Old May 24th 06, 01:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"GwG" wrote in message

"Thomas Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
Apparently the current firmware for the N80 is broken
so doesn't work, whereas getting the E60 and E61 to
work is possible but as difficult as
passing an elephant.

How fast do the buggers run?

Faster than you can..! Ever seen those wildlife programmes on telly..?! A
herd of thundering elephants is not to be trifled with..!

Ivor

Old May 26th 06, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Partridge

In article , Ivor Jones
writes

"GwG" wrote in message

"Thomas Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
Apparently the current firmware for the N80 is broken
so doesn't work, whereas getting the E60 and E61 to
work is possible but as difficult as
passing an elephant.

How fast do the buggers run?

Faster than you can..! Ever seen those wildlife programmes on telly..?! A
herd of thundering elephants is not to be trifled with..!

Ivor

Allegedly, if you need to get away from an elephant... Just run
diagonally up a hill. - High centre of gravity, they can't do it
apparently. ;-}
Philip Partridge
Old May 27th 06, 07:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Riiight. Well, I will merely note that not all elephants live at sea
level.

Old May 27th 06, 11:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steven Sumpter

On Tue, 23 May 2006 18:54:06 +0000, Thomas Kenyon wrote:

Tim wrote:
Apparently the current firmware for the N80 is broken so doesn't work,
whereas getting the E60 and E61 to work is possible but as difficult as
passing an elephant.

This is all from reading forums, and not based (yet) on personal
experience.

I am struggling to get my new e61 to connect to Voipfone. Could you tell
me on which forums you have seen anyone manage to get it to work? (Google
didn't turn up much.)

Steve.

Old May 28th 06, 06:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
news

In message , Steven Sumpter
writes

I am struggling to get my new e61 to connect to Voipfone. Could you tell
me on which forums you have seen anyone manage to get it to work? (Google
didn't turn up much.)

Steve.

Steve, try asking in the Voipfone forum:
http://www.voipfoneuserforum.com/

--
Ian
Old May 28th 06, 09:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steven Sumpter

On Sun, 28 May 2006 06:29:11 +0000, news wrote:

In message , Steven Sumpter
writes

I am struggling to get my new e61 to connect to Voipfone. Could you tell
me on which forums you have seen anyone manage to get it to work?
(Google didn't turn up much.)

Steve.

Steve, try asking in the Voipfone forum: http://www.voipfoneuserforum.com/

That was the first place I tried, but there are only 5 posts on the
subject and that user was unsuccessful.

Steve.