Can You Record a Voip Call?

Old May 23rd 06, 08:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
www.sixtiesradio.co.uk

Default Can You Record a Voip Call?

I've been asked by a PR company to broadcast an interview which would have
to be recorded by phone.

Is there a way of recording the call on voip straight onto my PC?

TIA

Old May 23rd 06, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Cupis

www.sixtiesradio.co.uk wrote:
I've been asked by a PR company to broadcast an interview which would have
to be recorded by phone.

Is there a way of recording the call on voip straight onto my PC?

Please have a read of the recent thread with subject: "Easy SIP hardware
call recording?"

Google record he
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.telecom.voip/browse_frm/thread/240ca8f3ee6648be/dcf4ad6423f2178d?q=Easy+SIP+hardware+call+recordin g%3F&rnum=14
Old May 23rd 06, 10:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilT

www.sixtiesradio.co.uk wrote:
I've been asked by a PR company to broadcast an interview which would have
to be recorded by phone.

Is there a way of recording the call on voip straight onto my PC?

use a VoIP softphone and then Perfect Sound Recorder or the like (maybe
even the humble Windows Sound Recorder) to record the audio ?

Phil

Old May 23rd 06, 10:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
C. Señor

"PhilT" wrote:

www.sixtiesradio.co.uk wrote:
I've been asked by a PR company to broadcast an interview which would have
to be recorded by phone.

Is there a way of recording the call on voip straight onto my PC?

use a VoIP softphone and then Perfect Sound Recorder or the like (maybe
even the humble Windows Sound Recorder) to record the audio ?

Phil

Windows Sound Recorder would be good if it didn't automatically stop
recording after 60 seconds.

Old May 23rd 06, 10:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alex

"www.sixtiesradio.co.uk" wrote in message
I've been asked by a PR company to broadcast an interview which would have
to be recorded by phone.

Is there a way of recording the call on voip straight onto my PC?

TIA

If you really want to get techy, you could packet sniff for VoIP packets,
look inside the IP, and RTP packets and get something to play the data
payload as real-time sound. I've seen a program that can do it somewhere...

Old May 24th 06, 01:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Paul Cupis" wrote in message

www.sixtiesradio.co.uk wrote:
I've been asked by a PR company to broadcast an
interview which would have to be recorded by phone.

Is there a way of recording the call on voip straight
onto my PC?

Please have a read of the recent thread with subject:
"Easy SIP hardware call recording?"

Google record he
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.telecom.voip/browse_frm/thread/240ca8f3ee6648be/dcf4ad6423f2178d?q=Easy+SIP+hardware+call+recordin g%3F&rnum=14

Or, if you're using a softphone with a soundcard, then Cybercorder 2000
from http://skyhawktech.com/?c14000 will record anything that goes into or
out of the soundcard.

Ivor

Old May 24th 06, 06:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilT

C. Señor wrote:

Windows Sound Recorder would be good if it didn't automatically stop
recording after 60 seconds.

be enough to test the concept. Then use the software I suggested from
http://www.soundrecorder.org/

Phil

Old May 24th 06, 10:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Hayes

Alex wrote:
"www.sixtiesradio.co.uk" wrote in message

I've been asked by a PR company to broadcast an interview which would have
to be recorded by phone.

Is there a way of recording the call on voip straight onto my PC?

TIA

If you really want to get techy, you could packet sniff for VoIP packets,
look inside the IP, and RTP packets and get something to play the data
payload as real-time sound. I've seen a program that can do it somewhere...

Ethereal will do this...
Old May 24th 06, 09:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
www.sixtiesradio.co.uk

"PhilT" wrote in message
oups.com...

C. Señor wrote:

Windows Sound Recorder would be good if it didn't automatically stop
recording after 60 seconds.

be enough to test the concept. Then use the software I suggested from
http://www.soundrecorder.org/

Thanks for the advice. Voipcheap works fine. Can hear everything, but when I
record a call on Perfect Sound Recorder and playback, I can only hear me.
The voice at the other end is very quiet, to the point of being inaudible.
It does record streaming music from the net perfectly though..

Any ideas?

Old May 25th 06, 01:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilT

www.sixtiesradio.co.uk wrote:

Thanks for the advice. Voipcheap works fine. Can hear everything, but when I
record a call on Perfect Sound Recorder and playback, I can only hear me.
The voice at the other end is very quiet, to the point of being inaudible.
It does record streaming music from the net perfectly though..

Any ideas?

if you click on the loudspeaker icon to the right under the sound level
indicator you can select and balance the different inputs.

I expect you'll need to use "what you hear" or "analog mix" then adjust
the audio mixer controls in Windows Audio properties to get the balance
right. The exact options depend on your soundcard etc.

Phil