A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) (uk.telecom.broadband) Discussion of broadband services, technology and equipment as provided in the UK. Discussions of specific services based on ADSL, cable modems or other broadband technology are also on-topic. Advertising is not allowed.

Plusnet since 1st Feb 2006 paid for broadband and NO service



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 24th 06, 05:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,472
Default Plusnet since 1st Feb 2006 paid for broadband and NO service

On Wed, 24 May 2006 17:38:18 UTC, sailsey
wrote:

(long but far from untypical story about Plusnet)

What should I do ?


I'd write to them giving them seven days to put you back in the same
financial position as when you started, saying that if this is not done
you will file a claim for all expenses with the Small Claims Court.

This is why I moved all my clients off PlusNet, and I strongly recommend
anyone I advise NOT to deal with them. Yes, it may be a BT problem, but
they've hardly chased it, have they?

--
[ 7'ism - a condition by which the sufferer experiences an inability
to give concise answers, express reasoned argument or opinion.
Usually accompanied by silly noises and gestures - incurable, early
euthanasia recommended. ]
  #2  
Old May 24th 06, 06:38 PM
sailsey sailsey is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8
Default Plusnet since 1st Feb 2006 paid for broadband and NO service

Over the last few months I have attempted to allow Plusnet to resolve the problem.
They blame BT but can't confirm with BT that I don't have a connection !.
So Im told Im in no mans land if I cancel the service they tell me I won't get a refund.
If I ask them to resolve the issue they leave me waiting for months with no resolution.
They have also closed open faults which were not closed without informing me.
I have asked them 3 times to refund me and cancel the account and they are still saying they have to get fault confirmation from BT. I havn't used their service once to get email or on line.

This morning I was told I have to write 'I want to cancel this account'

just to show I believe I have done this

[Support Wizard Journey] [Provisioning] [Hardware Returns Inquiry] [Additional Information] Since I requested Broadband nearly 6 months ago I have not recieved any connection. Finally BT have now visited and told me I would only have .5 mbit/s avaialble in my area, and I should recieve this in a few days. I have now waited 3 weeks since then. I have been very patient but give up at this point. I want to know how to send back your equipment it is uninstalled from my computer now, and request a full refund for the non service, this was agreed to on several occassions when I contacted you informing you of the ongoing problem and nil service.

Adam Walker BOT - DSL Provisioning 5:50pm, Thursday 4th May 2006
Dear Miss Sales,
I am passing this query to the correct team.

Regards,
Adam Walker

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

Steve Roberts CSC Agent 3:28pm, Friday 5th May 2006
Dear Miss Sales,
The service that is supplied to you is an up to 8Mb service, no guarentees are made as to the speed that is available. Whilst we may be able to apply to BT on your behalf for a refund for the time since the service was provisioned, we would not be able to provide a full refund unless BT confirm that no ADSL service of any speed is possible.

If you believe that you are still waiting for BT to take action with regards to this, please advise so that we may raise this with them on your behalf.

Regards,
Steve Roberts

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

Your comment 4:19pm, Friday 5th May 2006
I have NO broadband service
I want a refund , I have given you 6 months to resolve this enough is enough
please confirm you have done this
and how to return your hardware

Chris Christian CSC Agent 4:48pm, Friday 5th May 2006
EU contacted regfaeing this advised that should we not receive confirmation form BT within 21 days that we would chase the report with BT for the EU advised this this would be very rare that this should happen also confirmed that and payments will be refunded to the EU.

Regards,
Chris Christian

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

Your comment 6:31pm, Monday 15th May 2006
I would of expected confirmation by now for a full refund and to close this account can you please advise

Steve Roberts CSC Agent 6:32pm, Monday 15th May 2006
[INTERNAL]
Please advise if BT have confirmed OOL for DSL/
Regards,
Steve Roberts


What should I do ?
  #3  
Old May 24th 06, 07:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 363
Default Plusnet since 1st Feb 2006 paid for broadband and NO service

sailsey wrote:


About a problem with Plusnet

What should I do ?


Your contract is with Plusnet, *not* BT. If you are unhappy with the
service any recompense must come from Plusnet, not BT. Plusnet have a
contract with BT and it is up to Plusnet to claim for any Plusnet losses
from BT.

If you really have not had any service from Plusnet then you are due a
refund from Plusnet. Their contract with BT is nothing to do with you or
with your right to a refund. Plusnet have to reimburse you If you have had
no service from them.

Write formally to Plusnet, recorded delivery, giving them 14 days to
reimburse you plus any out of pocket expenses necessarily incurred.
Threaten them with court action if they don't pay within the 14 days.

Of course you will have to follow through if they do not pay so spend the
time investigating either use of a solicitor or using the small claims
procedure.

IANAL

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

What matters in politics is not what happens, but what you can make people
believe has happened. [Janet Daley 27/8/2003]


  #4  
Old May 25th 06, 02:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Lee
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 84
Default Plusnet since 1st Feb 2006 paid for broadband and NO service


"sailsey" wrote in message
...

Over the last few months I have attempted to allow Plusnet to resolve
the problem.
They blame BT but can't confirm with BT that I don't have a connection
!.
So Im told Im in no mans land if I cancel the service they tell me I
won't get a refund.
If I ask them to resolve the issue they leave me waiting for months
with no resolution.
They have also closed open faults which were not closed without
informing me.
I have asked them 3 times to refund me and cancel the account and they
are still saying they have to get fault confirmation from BT. I havn't
used their service once to get email or on line.

This morning I was told I have to write 'I want to cancel this
account'

just to show I believe I have done this

[Support Wizard Journey] [Provisioning] [Hardware Returns Inquiry]
[Additional Information] Since I requested Broadband nearly 6 months
ago I have not recieved any connection. Finally BT have now visited and
told me I would only have .5 mbit/s avaialble in my area, and I should
recieve this in a few days. I have now waited 3 weeks since then. I
have been very patient but give up at this point. I want to know how to
send back your equipment it is uninstalled from my computer now, and
request a full refund for the non service, this was agreed to on
several occassions when I contacted you informing you of the ongoing
problem and nil service.

Adam Walker BOT - DSL Provisioning 5:50pm, Thursday 4th May 2006
Dear Miss Sales,
I am passing this query to the correct team.

Regards,
Adam Walker

To administer your account and for all your help and support
requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

Steve Roberts CSC Agent 3:28pm, Friday 5th May 2006
Dear Miss Sales,
The service that is supplied to you is an up to 8Mb service, no
guarentees are made as to the speed that is available. Whilst we may be
able to apply to BT on your behalf for a refund for the time since the
service was provisioned, we would not be able to provide a full refund
unless BT confirm that no ADSL service of any speed is possible.

If you believe that you are still waiting for BT to take action with
regards to this, please advise so that we may raise this with them on
your behalf.

Regards,
Steve Roberts

To administer your account and for all your help and support
requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

Your comment 4:19pm, Friday 5th May 2006
I have NO broadband service
I want a refund , I have given you 6 months to resolve this enough is
enough
please confirm you have done this
and how to return your hardware

Chris Christian CSC Agent 4:48pm, Friday 5th May 2006
EU contacted regfaeing this advised that should we not receive
confirmation form BT within 21 days that we would chase the report with
BT for the EU advised this this would be very rare that this should
happen also confirmed that and payments will be refunded to the EU.

Regards,
Chris Christian

To administer your account and for all your help and support
requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

Your comment 6:31pm, Monday 15th May 2006
I would of expected confirmation by now for a full refund and to close
this account can you please advise

Steve Roberts CSC Agent 6:32pm, Monday 15th May 2006
[INTERNAL]
Please advise if BT have confirmed OOL for DSL/
Regards,
Steve Roberts


What should I do ?



It might be some small comfort to know your story is not unique. I was a
Plusnet customer when I recommended them to someone last year. When their
'activated' line didn't work I took it upon myself to liaise with PN, not
least because he couldn't submit the Contact Us tickets. Incidentally, are
you using a different line/PC or a dial-up connection to submit your
tickets. ?

Having satisfied myself there was no fault at the customer's end I twice
asked for it to be investigated by BT & twice BT came back & said there was
no fault on their equipment. I asked for it to be sent back to BT again.
When I phoned PN for a progress report I was told their log showed BT's
engineers had identified the fault & were currently considering how best to
repair it. I phoned again a week or so later & it transpired that on this
particular occassion PN had not actually passed it to BT !!

The line was eventually enabled although BT continued to deny there was any
fault on their equipment. When I asked PN to provide a credit for the period
(in excess of 3 months) during which there was no service, they insisted
that only BT could make the decision. When I pointed out to them the
customer had no contractual relationship with BT they reiterated that we
would have to wait for BT to decide.To add insult to injury it was almost a
month before PN came back & said that BT had 'granted' a credit & that they
now acknowledged there had been a fault on their equipment. BTW they never
sent an engineer to the house.

I also found tickets closed for no discenible reason, an inibility to read
what I had previously said & found that PN would not assign anyone to take
responsibility to help resolve the problem. In summary it was the single
worst experience I have ever come across as a consumer & struggle to
understand why the words 'Customer Support' & 'Plusnet' can be found within
the same sentence.

Perhaps after all you've gone through I shouldn't ask this question but are
you as certain as you can be that you have no broadband connection. ? For
example, have you eliminated the possibility of an internal fault on the
'phone' wiring, substituted the micro filters, modem/router & even the PC
itself or tested the whole kit on a known good ADSL line ?

As a matter of interest have you had a look at the 'View My Broadband Usage'
page on the PN portal just to see what it's showing ?

The BT engineer may well have been correct in his estimate of the speed you
might get on an *up to* 8Mb connection at your premises, but as you have no
connection at all it's completely irrelevant to your problem.

If you have never had the service which PN contracted with you to provide
then you are well within your rights to demand a full refund. I agree with
'Old Codger' that you should now write to them to them by Recordeed Delivery
(always keep copies of all correspondence) & state that as they have totally
failed to provide the service, unless you receive a full refund pf dtste
the amount, within the next 14 days, you will commence legal action against
them for recovery of the same *without further notice*. Ask them to contact
you to arrange a date & time when it will be convenient for you to have
someone collect the hardware.

Such an action, if it camw to it, would be heard in the County Court & if
you are a consumer it would be heard in a Court local to you. It's not
necessary to employ a solicitor.

Joe Lee

sailsey



  #5  
Old May 25th 06, 01:43 PM
sailsey sailsey is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Codger
sailsey wrote:


About a problem with Plusnet

What should I do ?


Your contract is with Plusnet, *not* BT. If you are unhappy with the
service any recompense must come from Plusnet, not BT. Plusnet have a
contract with BT and it is up to Plusnet to claim for any Plusnet losses
from BT.

If you really have not had any service from Plusnet then you are due a
refund from Plusnet. Their contract with BT is nothing to do with you or
with your right to a refund. Plusnet have to reimburse you If you have had
no service from them.

Write formally to Plusnet, recorded delivery, giving them 14 days to
reimburse you plus any out of pocket expenses necessarily incurred.
Threaten them with court action if they don't pay within the 14 days.

Of course you will have to follow through if they do not pay so spend the
time investigating either use of a solicitor or using the small claims
procedure.

IANAL

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

What matters in politics is not what happens, but what you can make people
believe has happened. [Janet Daley 27/8/2003]
Hi
Thanks for you advise,
I will do this, and hope to post a successfull outcome in a couple of weeks.
  #7  
Old May 25th 06, 02:14 PM
sailsey sailsey is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Lee
"sailsey" wrote in message
...

Over the last few months I have attempted to allow Plusnet to resolve
the problem.
They blame BT but can't confirm with BT that I don't have a connection
!.
So Im told Im in no mans land if I cancel the service they tell me I
won't get a refund.
If I ask them to resolve the issue they leave me waiting for months
with no resolution.
They have also closed open faults which were not closed without
informing me.
I have asked them 3 times to refund me and cancel the account and they
are still saying they have to get fault confirmation from BT. I havn't
used their service once to get email or on line.

This morning I was told I have to write 'I want to cancel this
account'

just to show I believe I have done this

[Support Wizard Journey] [Provisioning] [Hardware Returns Inquiry]
[Additional Information] Since I requested Broadband nearly 6 months
ago I have not recieved any connection. Finally BT have now visited and
told me I would only have .5 mbit/s avaialble in my area, and I should
recieve this in a few days. I have now waited 3 weeks since then. I
have been very patient but give up at this point. I want to know how to
send back your equipment it is uninstalled from my computer now, and
request a full refund for the non service, this was agreed to on
several occassions when I contacted you informing you of the ongoing
problem and nil service.

Adam Walker BOT - DSL Provisioning 5:50pm, Thursday 4th May 2006
Dear Miss Sales,
I am passing this query to the correct team.

Regards,
Adam Walker

To administer your account and for all your help and support
requirements visit
http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

Steve Roberts CSC Agent 3:28pm, Friday 5th May 2006
Dear Miss Sales,
The service that is supplied to you is an up to 8Mb service, no
guarentees are made as to the speed that is available. Whilst we may be
able to apply to BT on your behalf for a refund for the time since the
service was provisioned, we would not be able to provide a full refund
unless BT confirm that no ADSL service of any speed is possible.

If you believe that you are still waiting for BT to take action with
regards to this, please advise so that we may raise this with them on
your behalf.

Regards,
Steve Roberts

To administer your account and for all your help and support
requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

Your comment 4:19pm, Friday 5th May 2006
I have NO broadband service
I want a refund , I have given you 6 months to resolve this enough is
enough
please confirm you have done this
and how to return your hardware

Chris Christian CSC Agent 4:48pm, Friday 5th May 2006
EU contacted regfaeing this advised that should we not receive
confirmation form BT within 21 days that we would chase the report with
BT for the EU advised this this would be very rare that this should
happen also confirmed that and payments will be refunded to the EU.

Regards,
Chris Christian

To administer your account and for all your help and support
requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

Your comment 6:31pm, Monday 15th May 2006
I would of expected confirmation by now for a full refund and to close
this account can you please advise

Steve Roberts CSC Agent 6:32pm, Monday 15th May 2006
[INTERNAL]
Please advise if BT have confirmed OOL for DSL/
Regards,
Steve Roberts


What should I do ?



It might be some small comfort to know your story is not unique. I was a
Plusnet customer when I recommended them to someone last year. When their
'activated' line didn't work I took it upon myself to liaise with PN, not
least because he couldn't submit the Contact Us tickets. Incidentally, are
you using a different line/PC or a dial-up connection to submit your
tickets. ?

Having satisfied myself there was no fault at the customer's end I twice
asked for it to be investigated by BT & twice BT came back & said there was
no fault on their equipment. I asked for it to be sent back to BT again.
When I phoned PN for a progress report I was told their log showed BT's
engineers had identified the fault & were currently considering how best to
repair it. I phoned again a week or so later & it transpired that on this
particular occassion PN had not actually passed it to BT !!

The line was eventually enabled although BT continued to deny there was any
fault on their equipment. When I asked PN to provide a credit for the period
(in excess of 3 months) during which there was no service, they insisted
that only BT could make the decision. When I pointed out to them the
customer had no contractual relationship with BT they reiterated that we
would have to wait for BT to decide.To add insult to injury it was almost a
month before PN came back & said that BT had 'granted' a credit & that they
now acknowledged there had been a fault on their equipment. BTW they never
sent an engineer to the house.

I also found tickets closed for no discenible reason, an inibility to read
what I had previously said & found that PN would not assign anyone to take
responsibility to help resolve the problem. In summary it was the single
worst experience I have ever come across as a consumer & struggle to
understand why the words 'Customer Support' & 'Plusnet' can be found within
the same sentence.

Perhaps after all you've gone through I shouldn't ask this question but are
you as certain as you can be that you have no broadband connection. ? For
example, have you eliminated the possibility of an internal fault on the
'phone' wiring, substituted the micro filters, modem/router & even the PC
itself or tested the whole kit on a known good ADSL line ?

As a matter of interest have you had a look at the 'View My Broadband Usage'
page on the PN portal just to see what it's showing ?

The BT engineer may well have been correct in his estimate of the speed you
might get on an *up to* 8Mb connection at your premises, but as you have no
connection at all it's completely irrelevant to your problem.

If you have never had the service which PN contracted with you to provide
then you are well within your rights to demand a full refund. I agree with
'Old Codger' that you should now write to them to them by Recordeed Delivery
(always keep copies of all correspondence) & state that as they have totally
failed to provide the service, unless you receive a full refund pf dtste
the amount, within the next 14 days, you will commence legal action against
them for recovery of the same *without further notice*. Ask them to contact
you to arrange a date & time when it will be convenient for you to have
someone collect the hardware.

Such an action, if it camw to it, would be heard in the County Court & if
you are a consumer it would be heard in a Court local to you. It's not
necessary to employ a solicitor.

Joe Lee

sailsey
Hi Joe Lee, Thanks some usefull info
I had a BT engineer round he confirmed no internal fault and I had zero connection it was a external problem. This was around 12 April 2006
I have used my PC at work to get access to the web and email
not via plus.net, through the work account.

view broadband usage was something I didn't know was there
it has confirmed

Broadband Plus

You don't have any usage data to show right now.
This might be because your account is new, or your usage has been reset for a new billing month.



So in a couple of weeks I expect to have a refund !, Ill update you all.
Thanks so much for the advise.
  #8  
Old May 25th 06, 10:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MikeB (Look At End Of Message For Real Address)
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 26
Default Plusnet since 1st Feb 2006 paid for broadband and NO service

On Thu, 25 May 2006 02:53:01 +0100, "Joe Lee" [email protected] wrote:

Ask them to contact you to arrange a date & time when it will be convenient
for you to have someone collect the hardware.


.... and just to add insult to injury, stand by for them to tell you
that it is your responsibility to return any hardware at your expense
and at your risk to an address they provide - an address such that you
cannot use any form of tracking or Recorded Delivery service etc. in
order to positively confirm that it arrives there. Also stand by for
a *discussion* on notice periods for cancellation and/or change of
contract as well as their *right* to recover any fees that may be
applicable if you wish to cancel !

I'm not sure if it is appropriate or not but I would perhaps also make
a formal complaint in writing to Trading Standards and also to my
Credit Card company (if that's how payment is being made).

--
Mike
email: mikeb at twowheels dot plus dot com
  #9  
Old May 25th 06, 10:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,472
Default Plusnet since 1st Feb 2006 paid for broadband and NO service

On Thu, 25 May 2006 21:00:25 UTC, "MikeB (Look At End Of Message For
Real Address)" wrote:

On Thu, 25 May 2006 02:53:01 +0100, "Joe Lee" [email protected] wrote:

Ask them to contact you to arrange a date & time when it will be convenient
for you to have someone collect the hardware.


... and just to add insult to injury, stand by for them to tell you
that it is your responsibility to return any hardware at your expense
and at your risk to an address they provide - an address such that you
cannot use any form of tracking or Recorded Delivery service etc. in
order to positively confirm that it arrives there.


As a matter of interest...what kind of address is that?

--
[ 7'ism - a condition by which the sufferer experiences an inability
to give concise answers, express reasoned argument or opinion.
Usually accompanied by silly noises and gestures - incurable, early
euthanasia recommended. ]
  #10  
Old May 26th 06, 09:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spack
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 68
Default Plusnet since 1st Feb 2006 paid for broadband and NO service

Bob wrote on 25 May 2006 21:23:08 GMT:

On Thu, 25 May 2006 21:00:25 UTC, "MikeB (Look At End Of Message For
Real Address)" wrote:

On Thu, 25 May 2006 02:53:01 +0100, "Joe Lee" [email protected] wrote:

Ask them to contact you to arrange a date & time when it will be
convenient for you to have someone collect the hardware.


... and just to add insult to injury, stand by for them to tell you
that it is your responsibility to return any hardware at your expense
and at your risk to an address they provide - an address such that you
cannot use any form of tracking or Recorded Delivery service etc. in
order to positively confirm that it arrives there.


As a matter of interest...what kind of address is that?



Royal Mail state that Admail addresses can't be used for services like
Special Delivery and Recorded Delivery. I'd also suspect that a PO Box or
one of those Mailboxes Etc addresses would be problematic too as you never
get the recipient's signature.

Dan


 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CeBIT 2006 - 9-15 March 2006 Join The Future cebit2006 uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 0 March 9th 06 09:41 PM
Cheap Broadband that can be paid by Direct Debit Dr. Compynei uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 5 September 30th 05 02:25 AM
paid asterisk help example uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 12 August 3rd 05 10:16 PM
Hmm, get paid to use Google.. Band|t uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 2 April 23rd 05 12:16 PM
19.99 for Broadband AND get paid to tell your friends about it. Pete Jones uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 13 November 28th 03 09:12 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2019 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.