Fritzbox ATA is dropping incoming calls after about 4 seconds

Old May 24th 06, 10:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jon

Default Fritzbox ATA is dropping incoming calls after about 4 seconds

Evening all,

My fritzbox ATA is dropping all incoming calls to my landline number
after about 4 seconds.

Just run the firmware update which is now sitting on 11.04.01, but does
anyone have any suggestions?

The telephone connected to it also seems to have stopped displaying CLI
where it used to quite happily.

Thanks for any tips.
--
Regards
Jon
Old May 24th 06, 11:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Jon" wrote in message
et
Evening all,

My fritzbox ATA is dropping all incoming calls to my
landline number after about 4 seconds.

Just run the firmware update which is now sitting on
11.04.01, but does anyone have any suggestions?

The telephone connected to it also seems to have stopped
displaying CLI where it used to quite happily.

Thanks for any tips.

Is this the pure ATA or the one containing the modem..? Was it doing it
before the firmware upgrade..? If not then that may be the problem,
suggest you ask AVM tech support, they are very good and respond quickly
as a rule.

Ivor

Old May 27th 06, 08:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Jon" wrote in message
et...
declared for all the world to hear...
Now it's got even worse, the fritzbox is now dropping all outgoing calls
after about 4 seconds. Even when I enter *11# into the phone to make it
dial out on the landline it still cuts off all calls (replacing the call
with the engaged tone) after 4 seconds making my telephone totally
useless.

Following up to my own post here, I think I've narrowed it down to the
analogue cable which goes between the phone line wall jack and the Fritz
box analog/ISDN port.

If I receive a call in my SIPgate 01603 number the call does not drop,
and CLI is visible.
Dialling plustalks automated test number 7000 does not drop.
Dialling an 01603 number does not drop.
If I route any outgoing calls over the landline by dialling *11# it
drops after 4-5 seconds and I get the engaged tone.
If I switch off the fritz and plug my phone straight into the wall
socket I can dial out fine with no call drops, so I know the telephone
equipment itself is allright.
I have played around with the config on the Fritz but I can't get
incoming CLI on the landline.

Would anyone agree or disagree with my tests/conclusion?

It sounds like it could very well be that cable. Unfortunately, the analogue
phone cable uses non-standard pins on the RJ45 connector at the Fritz!Box
end (1 & 8) so you'll need the crimp tools to remake the connections as it's
unlikely you'll find a ready made cable anywhere wired correctly to replace
it with :-(

Ivor

Old May 27th 06, 10:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Ivor Jones wrote:

It sounds like it could very well be that cable. Unfortunately, the analogue
phone cable uses non-standard pins on the RJ45 connector at the Fritz!Box
end (1 & 8) so you'll need the crimp tools to remake the connections as it's
unlikely you'll find a ready made cable anywhere wired correctly to replace
it with :-(

Ivor

I'm not sure I'd agree, but I'm sure there are plenty on here that can
make the cable up if you want one. (including myself).
Old May 28th 06, 07:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Jon" wrote in message
et

[snip]

Scoth that. It's back to dropping calls again. Calls
which come in on the SIP number are still fine.

AVM are yet to reply. Not impressed.

Hmm, they've always been ok with me. If you have that crimper, I'd try
making up a fresh cable. As I said it's pins 1 & 8 on the RJ45 plug. If
that doesn't cure it I don't know what to suggest, but it has to be worth
a try.

Ivor