Pipex telling lies about Talk Talk

Old May 25th 06, 04:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pier Danone

Default Pipex telling lies about Talk Talk

I was most amused to day to get a call at the office from Pipex. The woman, with
a deep african accent, asked me how I was getting on with Pipex. I told her that
I would be switch to Talk Talk as soon as my 12 months was up. I told her I just
did not like the way Pipex are always trying to get a few more quid out of the
punter.

She went on to tell me that Talk Talk was rubbish, they limit their downloads,
the contention is poor and the service really unreliable. At this point I asked
to repeat the points she had made, which she did. I then introuduced myself to
her and told her that I was in telecommunication compliance and asked her for
her name. A funny thing happened. She hung up. Good job we record our calls at
the office. I have forwarded it to OFCOM this afternoon with a covering letter.

Anyone else getting cold calls from Pipex or is it a vain attempt to keep
customers close to their contract end?

Old May 25th 06, 04:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Finnigan

Pier Danone wrote:

Anyone else getting cold calls from Pipex or is it a vain attempt to keep
customers close to their contract end?

I just wrote about mine, which was from Pipex Homecall I reckon, with
an English accent. Homecall is ex- Caudwell Communications / Phones4U,
and they seem to be going through the Pipex customer database trying to
pick up punters for voice calls.
Old May 25th 06, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stuart Bell

"Pier Danone" Pier wrote:

She went on to tell me that Talk Talk was rubbish,

But aren't a lot of talk-talk users saying that?

Stuart

--
Try stuartsmacs at dsl dot pipex dot com to email me.

Old May 26th 06, 01:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ZZZZZZZZZaaaaaaaaaaaa

I really wanted to stay with Pipex, have been with them for ages, loved the
service.

But they demanded I sign another 12 month contract, just for changing my
tariff. So of course I'm leaving.

What idiot's running their sales dept.

If CarphoneWarehouse acted like this they'd still be in a little shop
flogging phones off Oxford St London. It was like talking to old BT when
they were sill nationalised.

No wonder they're having to do lousy lie & sales calls to try to get
customers. With faithful old customers like me being shown the door.

"Simon Ough" wrote in message
"Pier Danone" Pier wrote in message

She went on to tell me that Talk Talk was rubbish, they limit their
downloads,
the contention is poor and the service really unreliable.

It's all true. No lies there :-)

Old May 26th 06, 09:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Xeonwales

Im with TT, i get 6.2Mb download speed, average 250Kbps downloading
torrents, have no problem with limewire / edonkey, My Xbox 360 Live
gaming works...

Dont know why everyone is moaning!!! I find the very, very good!!!

Old May 26th 06, 11:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stuart Bell

Gizmo wrote:

her and told her that I was in telecommunication compliance and asked her
for
her name. A funny thing happened. She hung up. Good job we record our
calls at
the office. I have forwarded it to OFCOM this afternoon with a covering
letter.

Anyone else getting cold calls from Pipex or is it a vain attempt to keep
customers close to their contract end?

You really are full of ****.

I also suggest you go read up on the law regarding the recording of
telephone calls.

But he's in 'telecommunication compliance' so he knows it's an offence
to record calls without telling the caller.

Stuart
--
Try stuartsmacs at dsl dot pipex dot com to email me.

Old May 26th 06, 01:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Davies

Stuart Bell wrote:
But he's in 'telecommunication compliance' so he knows it's an offence
to record calls without telling the caller.

Hmm. AIUI the law allows for one party to record the call without the
knowledge of the other, but that it is an offence to make that recording
available to anyone else. (It does not prevent a transcript of that
recording being made available, however.) IANAL blah blah.

You might want to Google for a recent conversation on just this very
topic in UT.

Chris