Talk Talk

Old May 25th 06, 04:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

Default Talk Talk

Anyones Thoughts on Talk Talk would be welcomed.

David Bradley
Old May 25th 06, 06:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mal

"David Bradley" wrote in message
Anyones Thoughts on Talk Talk would be welcomed.

David Bradley

Only worth it if you send the odd email or browse. Forget it if you want to
use Kazaa, Limewire or any games, or even listen to online radio. Most
ports are blocked, speed is very slow and I have heard complaints of
service.
Still, it's up to you. There isn't a news server either. Network shaping
is in operation so if you exceed the unlimited limit, you will have your
speed reduced.

Old May 25th 06, 08:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

"Mal" wrote in message

unlimited limit,

What is an Unlimited Limit?

: ))

Old May 25th 06, 09:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 25 May 2006, David Bradley wrote:

Anyones Thoughts on Talk Talk would be welcomed.

Wait a few months and see how well they do when they have LLU kit in use.
Current service is using BT Wholesale, so how the two will compare is
anyone's *guess* right now, and probably not worth speculating on!
Old May 25th 06, 10:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pammyT

In a word. CRAP!!

Old May 26th 06, 08:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
steeler

"Steve" wrote in message

"Mal" wrote in message

unlimited limit,

What is an Unlimited Limit?

: ))

Actually that is correct if you use the ISP's definition of "unlimited".

Old May 26th 06, 09:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Xeonwales

Im with TT, i get 6.2Mb download speed, average 250Kbps downloading
torrents, have no problem with limewire / edonkey, My Xbox 360 Live
gaming works...

Dont know why everyone is moaning!!! I find the very, very good!!!

Old May 26th 06, 01:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On 25 May 2006 14:01:43 -0700, "pammyt" wrote:

In a word. CRAP!!

Let me make it quite clear, I have no intention of using this service. My six
sense tells me that while the service may be all it says on the tin it won't
always be that way. A friend wishes to sign up with them, apparently it will
take six weeks and you are tied in for 18 months. I am looking for reasons to
dissuade him from signing up and going with better alternatives.

David Bradley
Old May 26th 06, 05:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham Murray

"Steve" writes:

What is an Unlimited Limit?

It is one where there are no constraints on the value of the limit.