Line Stats?

Old May 25th 06, 05:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Dean

Default Line Stats?

Say, does anyone know of any simple and cheap device that one can plug
into the adsl or telephone line to get line stats? I can't get the
information on any of the modems I have, and it might be quite useful.

Especialy now, Im finding random disconnections. I think my router has
rebooted 20 times over the past couple of days. I think there's a loose
wire after I've been stamping on it (accidentally) with a crutch to get
up and down stairs (wire under the carpet).

And if there isn't, maybe someone could make one?

cya
Simon
Old May 25th 06, 06:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PhilT

Simon Dean wrote:
Say, does anyone know of any simple and cheap device that one can plug
into the adsl or telephone line to get line stats? I can't get the
information on any of the modems I have, and it might be quite useful.

a BT Voyager 105 modem, or a Speedtouch 330, or a Sagem [email protected] 800

all pretty cheap off Ebay.

Phil

Old May 25th 06, 07:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Dean

PhilT wrote:
Simon Dean wrote:

Say, does anyone know of any simple and cheap device that one can plug
into the adsl or telephone line to get line stats? I can't get the
information on any of the modems I have, and it might be quite useful.

a BT Voyager 105 modem, or a Speedtouch 330, or a Sagem [email protected] 800

all pretty cheap off Ebay.

Phil

Cheers. Ridiculously cheap. Putting in a bid for a spare Speedtouch 330.

Thanks.

Was hoping for maybe some kind of hold in the hand, no data/modem
capabilities, just a display to hook into the phone line and get some
simple stats.

Cya
Simon
Old May 25th 06, 11:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DAB sounds worse than FM

PhilT wrote:
Simon Dean wrote:
Say, does anyone know of any simple and cheap device that one can
plug into the adsl or telephone line to get line stats? I can't get
the information on any of the modems I have, and it might be quite
useful.

a BT Voyager 105 modem, or a Speedtouch 330, or a Sagem [email protected] 800

How do you see these stats on a Speedtouch 330 modem?

Find the cheapest Freeview & DAB prices:
http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/fr..._receivers.php
http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/dab/dab_radios.php

Old May 26th 06, 10:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PhilT

Simon Dean wrote:

Was hoping for maybe some kind of hold in the hand, no data/modem
capabilities, just a display to hook into the phone line and get some
simple stats.

DSL test sets do that but cost an arm and a leg. It has to be a modem
to determine the SNR.

Info on getting stats at http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.htm

Phil