Ugh: Dialling Rules on a Zoom x5v router with VoIP

Old May 25th 06, 07:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
linker3000

Default Ugh: Dialling Rules on a Zoom x5v router with VoIP

OK guys:

I have setup a Zoom X5V ADSL router (with VoIP) on a remote site and
successfully connected it to the Asterisk server at HQ - all working OK.

To make things connect (all through VoIP, nothing over the PSTN/ADSL
line) I deleted the default dial rules string, which was for the US
anyway, but there are a couple of things I'd like to try and fix with a
rule if necessary or possible. I have had a good read of the help pages
and done a bit of Googling, but I'm not much the wiser on rule
construction so here's the challenge:

1) The attached phone is a BT model and it has a 1571 button on the
front - can it be 'fixed' through a rule to send *97 to the Asterisk server?

2) The hash key is not being seen as such by Asterisk. I can't see
anything in the X5V's setup that might program this - any ideas?

Thanks, as usual.

Old May 27th 06, 08:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

linker3000 wrote:

OK guys:

I have setup a Zoom X5V ADSL router (with VoIP) on a remote site and
successfully connected it to the Asterisk server at HQ - all working OK.

To make things connect (all through VoIP, nothing over the PSTN/ADSL
line) I deleted the default dial rules string, which was for the US
anyway, but there are a couple of things I'd like to try and fix with a
rule if necessary or possible. I have had a good read of the help pages
and done a bit of Googling, but I'm not much the wiser on rule
construction so here's the challenge:

1) The attached phone is a BT model and it has a 1571 button on the
front - can it be 'fixed' through a rule to send *97 to the Asterisk
server?

Probably. You may be able to do it with a dialplan on the X5V [can't say,
never used one myself], but it would make more sense to create exten= 1571
on the Asterisk server, thus making debugging much easier if things go
wrong. Of course this presumes that 1571 isn't already a valid extension.

2) The hash key is not being seen as such by Asterisk. I can't see
anything in the X5V's setup that might program this - any ideas?

It could be used internally by whatever Asterisk applications you're using,
maybe?

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
18:45:33 up 7 days, 12:42, 0 users, load average: 0.00, 0.10, 0.17