Plusnet sort this out now

Old May 26th 06, 03:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin

Default Plusnet sort this out now

http://tinyurl.com/ol69q

And the usual response from Mand is almost the exact same copy and paste as
in other threads.

Hi

Please let me know a ticket ID or your old username so that I can ensure
(insert problem) is fobbed off correctly.

Mand Beckett
Plusnet Comms Team.

Its pathetic people, Learned people are now starting to use the ADSLguide
forums as a quick fix to get their Plusnet problems sorted faster, how many
countless thousands are left in the dark? not knowing such an easy quick
by-bass of the flaky ticket and non existent CS support is possible? Of
course Plusnet don't want you to know this ... at the moment it just makes
them look good on the ADSLguide forums, and they like that kinda spin.

But if a Plusnet user with not so much knowledge on Plusnet Spin wants to
know what's going on .... its endless hours on the phone, or chasing up
ticket after ticket.

And that's the basic truth.

Old May 26th 06, 03:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin

. com...

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthre...anded&sb=5&o=0

Old May 26th 06, 12:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Eborn

After 6 weeks of pain with Plusnet support I gave up this morning and
cancelled my accoun t - I can't get a MAC code and migrate because they
LLUed me, so I will have to disconnect and then reconnect with my new
ISP, but I'm confident that this is going to be the easiest and
quickest way to get my connection back. Anybody out there got any
suggestions for an ISP with decent support - I use less than 1gig a
month and would be happy with a 2 meg line (that works).

Chris

Old May 26th 06, 12:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alastair

ps.com...

AAISP - http://aaisp.net - would probably meet your needs.

Old May 26th 06, 02:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Do you think Plusnet's customer base is actually growing?! People seem to be
leaving in droves.

Dan

Old May 26th 06, 02:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Fri, 26 May 2006 14:15:03 +0100, "Dan"
wrote:

Do you think Plusnet's customer base is actually growing?! People seem to be
leaving in droves.

Yes.

"droves" is only a few people in reality. It seems a lot because of
the numbers posting in places like this, but that is only a very tiny
number of people.

While they are still getting many more new customers.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Thesaurus: ancient reptile with an excellent vocabulary.
Old May 26th 06, 04:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

"Dan" wrote in message
Do you think Plusnet's customer base is actually growing?! People seem to
be leaving in droves.

According to their latest annual report, the customer base is growing.
However, AOL made the same mistake of ****ting on customers and are now
paying the price.

Old May 26th 06, 10:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Lee

"Gizmo" wrote in message

"Dan" wrote in message
Do you think Plusnet's customer base is actually growing?! People seem to
be leaving in droves.

According to their latest annual report, the customer base is growing.

Probably as a result of them buying Metronet late last year(?). ADSL Guide
showed Metronet having much better customer satisfaction scores than PN at
that time. You can probably guess what the effect has been.
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/compare.asp?metronet=ON&plusnet=ON&cmp_action=Comp are

However, AOL made the same mistake of ****ting on customers and are now
paying the price.

PN's share prices have taken a hit recently, maybe somebody will buy them
out before long, either that or they'll go bang.

Joe Lee

Old May 26th 06, 11:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

"Joe Lee" [email protected] wrote in message

"Gizmo" wrote in message

"Dan" wrote in message
Do you think Plusnet's customer base is actually growing?! People seem
to be leaving in droves.

According to their latest annual report, the customer base is growing.

Probably as a result of them buying Metronet late last year(?).

Quite possibly

However, AOL made the same mistake of ****ting on customers and are now
paying the price.

PN's share prices have taken a hit recently, maybe somebody will buy them
out before long, either that or they'll go bang.

Blimey! I added PN to my watched portfolio about 2 months back when they
were 290p, at close today they're 174.5p (mid).

I think they will be taken over. It's no secret that Microsoft, Google &
Yahoo are desperate to buy into ISPs at the moment ...

Old May 27th 06, 12:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Lee

"Gizmo" wrote in message

"Dan" wrote in message
Do you think Plusnet's customer base is actually growing?! People seem
to be leaving in droves.

According to their latest annual report, the customer base is growing.

Probably as a result of them buying Metronet late last year(?).

Quite possibly

However, AOL made the same mistake of ****ting on customers and are now
paying the price.

PN's share prices have taken a hit recently, maybe somebody will buy them
out before long, either that or they'll go bang.

Blimey! I added PN to my watched portfolio about 2 months back when they
were 290p, at close today they're 174.5p (mid).

Jeesh it's worse than I thought, they were at 215p when I looked on Tuesday
!!

I think they will be taken over.

With that performance I suspect someone must be watching them. Given the
rate of fall it could just be a matter of weeks before someone pounces. It
would need to be rebranded though as the image is now severely tarnished.

It's no secret that Microsoft, Google &
Yahoo are desperate to buy into ISPs at the moment ...

Yes, & PN are offering themselves on a plate.

Joe Lee