Wireless on a Telewest broadband account

Old May 26th 06, 11:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trent SC

Default Wireless on a Telewest broadband account

A colleague has a Telewest broadband account and wants to add a wireless
capability. I have a spare Belkin wireless router (F5D7231uk4P - note, just
a router, not a broadband modem) and wondered if it's possible to plug the
existing modem into this router and configure it appropriately?

If anyone has experience of this, I'd be very grateful for any advice.

Cheers.

Old May 26th 06, 12:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yddap

In ,
Trent SC opined loudly:
A colleague has a Telewest broadband account and wants to add a
wireless capability. I have a spare Belkin wireless router
(F5D7231uk4P - note, just a router, not a broadband modem) and
wondered if it's possible to plug the existing modem into this router
and configure it appropriately?
If anyone has experience of this, I'd be very grateful for any advice.

Cheers.

It will work I have a 7231 uk4 (without the print server)
--

Yddap
BY User

Old May 26th 06, 12:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trent SC

A colleague has a Telewest broadband account and wants to add a
wireless capability. I have a spare Belkin wireless router
(F5D7231uk4P - note, just a router, not a broadband modem) and
wondered if it's possible to plug the existing modem into this router
and configure it appropriately?
If anyone has experience of this, I'd be very grateful for any advice.

Cheers.

It will work I have a 7231 uk4 (without the print server)

That's excellent news, thanks for the reassurance. Was it complicated to
set up?

Old May 26th 06, 12:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yddap

In ,
Trent SC opined loudly:
A colleague has a Telewest broadband account and wants to add a
wireless capability. I have a spare Belkin wireless router
(F5D7231uk4P - note, just a router, not a broadband modem) and
wondered if it's possible to plug the existing modem into this
router and configure it appropriately?
If anyone has experience of this, I'd be very grateful for any
advice. Cheers.

It will work I have a 7231 uk4 (without the print server)

That's excellent news, thanks for the reassurance. Was it
complicated to set up?

A doddle, worked out of the box only thing to do was set up the wireless
encryption / security
if you connect cat5 cables to it you will need to " Stick" the router to the
shelf as it is very lightweight and will get pulled off by the weight of the
cables --- I use Bluetack !
--

Yddap