More 'free' broadband on its way...

Old May 26th 06, 12:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Im a Troll

Default More 'free' broadband on its way...

"If the forecasts over at The Guardian are correct, then next Wednesday may
see Orange (aka Wanadoo) becoming the next player to offer a 'free'
broadband package."
MORE HE http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2662 or
http://tinyurl.com/z4esm

Old May 26th 06, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jim

On Fri, 26 May 2006 12:06:18 +0100, "Im a Troll"
wrote:

"If the forecasts over at The Guardian are correct, then next Wednesday may
see Orange (aka Wanadoo) becoming the next player to offer a 'free'
broadband package."
MORE HE http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2662 or
http://tinyurl.com/z4esm

And good luck to them - according to the financial report in today's
Daily Express, they'll need it - C & W's Bulldog service is going down
the pan...........................with more to follow

jim

Old May 26th 06, 07:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ZZZZZZZZZaaaaaaaaaaaa

Talk Talk is a pig, if you quit you have to pay the 18mo line rental contact
to its end. They don't tell you that...you have to read the small small
print.

About 6mo ago I attended a Focus Group for Orange Mobile, they were going to
offer incredible deals to bring people in, I guess they've got a lot of
muscle and money behind them. I thought they were taking a risk.

But perhaps they don't need to make a profit, maybe they just need
advertising space and market share. When you're one of the biggest phone
companies in the world, a few million here or there isn't a big deal.

Old May 26th 06, 10:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Ough

"Im a Troll" wrote in message
"If the forecasts over at The Guardian are correct, then next Wednesday
may
see Orange (aka Wanadoo) becoming the next player to offer a 'free'
broadband package."

I work for Orange and can tell you that nothing official has been announced
to the press as of yet. Nothing has been agreed on, and nothing is as yet
binding. I'd wait until the 1st June before you speculate.

Simon

Old May 26th 06, 10:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ZZZZZZZZZaaaaaaaaaaaa

We did the Focus Group before TalkTalk offered their deal, so then the
Orange offer sounded great. They were offering to send someone to your house
to install the thing, along with PAYG, and mobile tie-ins. But with
TalkTalk, and Plusnet, their deal isn't so hot.

But the advertising campaign they'd commissioned was really appalling, and
pretty much everyone in the group said as much.

I'll be interested to see what they come up with.

Old May 27th 06, 10:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

In message , ZZZZZZZZZaaaaaaaaaaaa
wrote
We did the Focus Group before TalkTalk offered their deal, so then the
Orange offer sounded great. They were offering to send someone to your house
to install the thing, along with PAYG, and mobile tie-ins. But with
TalkTalk, and Plusnet, their deal isn't so hot.

But the advertising campaign they'd commissioned was really appalling, and
pretty much everyone in the group said as much.

Advertising campaigns don't have to be good. Some of the more successful
ones seems to really annoy people at the time but then the company name
or service is always remembered.

The fact that everyone in the group disliked the advertising suggests
that it actually worked. I suspect that the company would have been more
worried about the effectiveness of the advertising with views split
equally - for and anti.

When politicians take notice of focus group look at what results

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Old May 27th 06, 05:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Forrester

Simon Ough wrote:

I work for Orange and can tell you that nothing official has been announced
to the press as of yet. Nothing has been agreed on, and nothing is as yet
binding. I'd wait until the 1st June before you speculate.

What have you been told will happen on 1st of June then?
Old May 27th 06, 09:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Ough

"Colin Forrester" wrote in message

What have you been told will happen on 1st of June then?

On the 1st of June, the sun will rise, people will go to work, people will
have lunch, go back to work. Then they'll go home, get changed, go to the
pub, come home, and go to bed, ready for the next day..

Or did you mean whats happening to Orange Broadband?

Sorry - I cannot comment on what I have been briefed on.

Old May 27th 06, 10:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Forrester

Simon Ough wrote:

Or did you mean whats happening to Orange Broadband?

Sorry - I cannot comment on what I have been briefed on.

Well we know that the Orange animal mobile tariff marketing is stopping
from the end of May. A short lived, 10 million, waste of money.

Perhaps there will be an Orange ADSL-max tariff called Hare?
Old May 28th 06, 12:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ZZZZZZZZZaaaaaaaaaaaa

I thought that was one of the most idiotic advertising campaigns I have
every seen.

If it was by the same advertising company that came up with their broadband
campaign, I'd understand.