Dr Speedtouch reports problem with internet

Old May 26th 06, 12:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pete

Default Dr Speedtouch reports problem with internet

Can anyone tell me why the Dr Speedtouch program reports "problem with
the internet" when I run diagnostics?

There are no problems I can see - on a Pipex 1Mb broadband connection,
reasonable speeds and no disconnections.

Dr Speedtouch is listed as an exception my windows firewall settings,
and I don't use a proxy.

It's just irritating not knowing what's going on....

TIA
Old May 26th 06, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PhilT

Pete wrote:
Can anyone tell me why the Dr Speedtouch program reports "problem with
the internet" when I run diagnostics?

can you ping things external - www.demon.net for example ?

Phil

Old May 27th 06, 08:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pete

On 26 May 2006 14:53:08 -0700, "PhilT" wrote:

Pete wrote:
Can anyone tell me why the Dr Speedtouch program reports "problem with
the internet" when I run diagnostics?

can you ping things external - www.demon.net for example ?

Phil

Yes I can. I've no problem with internet acces at all (wish I hadn't
said that!), which is why I'm puzzled by the Dr Speedtouch failure.

Old May 27th 06, 06:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Dean

Pete wrote:

Can anyone tell me why the Dr Speedtouch program reports "problem with
the internet" when I run diagnostics?

can you ping things external - www.demon.net for example ?

Phil

Yes I can. I've no problem with internet acces at all (wish I hadn't
said that!), which is why I'm puzzled by the Dr Speedtouch failure.

Got the same problem here. Internet fails. !!!! Really rather stupid.
Maybe it's trying to access a website that isn't there!

Cya
Simon
Old May 29th 06, 10:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Les Hemmings

Pete wrote:
Can anyone tell me why the Dr Speedtouch program reports "problem with
the internet" when I run diagnostics?

There are no problems I can see - on a Pipex 1Mb broadband connection,
reasonable speeds and no disconnections.

Dr Speedtouch is listed as an exception my windows firewall settings,
and I don't use a proxy.

It's just irritating not knowing what's going on....

TIA

Just had the same problem. I turned off the firewall, went through the
troubleshooter to no avail. It told me it couldn't access the internet via
http. Ridiculous! I have no problems with the internet....

Something very wrong with their software.

Les

--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

http://armsofmorpheus.blogspot.com/