Help: need broadband service with mnthly charges, no lock in...

Old May 27th 06, 11:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Zax

Default Help: need broadband service with mnthly charges, no lock in...

and minimal upfront fees
plus reliability
donot need usenet
no p2p

plusnet were my choice but they charge 50gbp to disconnect if o the service
for less than a year...

any help/tips welcome

tia

Old May 27th 06, 12:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James

"Zax" wrote in message
and minimal upfront fees
plus reliability
donot need usenet
no p2p

plusnet were my choice but they charge 50gbp to disconnect if o the
service for less than a year...

any help/tips welcome

tia

Thats only charged if you take out deferred activation charges n hardware
charges n so on. Nearly all provoders these days will want you to pay the
activation fes these days. You either pay up front or when you leave.

Old May 27th 06, 12:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris French

In message , Zax
writes
and minimal upfront fees
plus reliability
donot need usenet
no p2p

plusnet were my choice but they charge 50gbp to disconnect if o the service
for less than a year...

any help/tips welcome

I could be wrong, but pretty much all ISP's either charge an upfront
activation few of around GBP50 or they waive it as long as you stay with
them for a minimum period, normally a year, but you might find some with
less. This fee is charged to the ISP's by BT so they are going to recoup
it somehow.

Either you pay upfront, or to hope that you stay with the ISP long
enough so as not to pay it if you do migrate
--
Chris French, Leeds
Old May 27th 06, 12:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joker7

"Zax" wrote in message
: and minimal upfront fees
: plus reliability
: donot need usenet
: no p2p
:
: plusnet were my choice but they charge 50gbp to disconnect if o the
service
: for less than a year...
:
: any help/tips welcome
:
: tia
:
:

I personal use Plusnet I haven't had any problem with them -some have, it
maybe worth you looking in to what's on offer from them.

Chris

--
Cheap As Chips Broadband http://yeah.kick-butt.co.uk
Superb hosting & domain name deals http://host.kick-butt.co.uk

Old May 27th 06, 09:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 27 May 2006 Chris French wrote:

This fee is charged to the ISP's by BT so they are going to recoup
it somehow. Either you pay upfront, or hope that you stay ...

Agreed - I know Pipex initially (years ago) waived it, and Virgin Net
did for a while, but it seems crazy to expect an ISP to allow signup,
and no recovery of the 40+VAT fee they have to pay out.
Old May 27th 06, 09:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 27 May 2006, "Joker7" wrote:

"Zax" wrote in message

: plusnet were my choice

I personal use Plusnet I haven't had any problem with them -some have, it
maybe worth you looking in to what's on offer from them.

Of course he's looked... he said he considered them already...

PS You could do with correcting the text you paste... I see the same old
phrase time and again... "I personal use ..."