Belkin Router Firmware - Help

Old May 27th 06, 07:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Hewitt

Default Belkin Router Firmware - Help

Hi All,

I'm after some advice as I think I've done something quite stupid!

I had a Belkin F5D7630-4A modem/wireless router that was working ok until I
tried to be a bit clever and put the SMC 7804wbra firmware on it. The
firmware has installed ok but there are a couple of problems:

Firstly, the wireless function on the router now absolutely refuses to work.
I've been through all the settings at least twice, tried disabling and
re-enabling the wireless to no avail. Is there something am I missing or is
my wireless now totally shot?

The second problem I've got is that since upgrading the firmware to SMC it
wont allow me to change back!!! Whatever firmware file I try to install I
get the error message "Incorrect user interface image" I have tried to
reinstall the belkin firmware, updated SMC firmware and the same version of
SMC firmware and I always get this error!

Is there anything I can do or is my router permanently borked?

TIA

Andy

Old May 27th 06, 07:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth Edmondson

Andy Hewitt wrote:
[...]

This is weird Andy, and doesn't help your situation, but I have been
wondering about this for a while. It has suddenly started affecting me
as well.

Following advice on this forum I 'upgraded' my Belkin firmware to SMC
firmware - it worked excellent until about 2 weeks ago when the wireless
started becoming sporadic - kicking in and out. My wife is having a fit
because her Vaio keeps loosing connection.

Can anyone recommend? I have not tried updating yet, but will do so now
and report back to you Andy,

If you find any solution, please do let me know as well.

Gareth
Old May 28th 06, 12:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tickettyboo

In news Andy Hewitt whispered softly in my ear...:
Hi All,

I'm after some advice as I think I've done something quite stupid!

I had a Belkin F5D7630-4A modem/wireless router that was working ok
until I tried to be a bit clever and put the SMC 7804wbra firmware on
it. The firmware has installed ok but there are a couple of
problems:

A while ago I upgraded the firmware on a Belkin..and it went totally jelly
tots up :-( After trying everything I knew how ( didn't take long cos I
am a numpty) I rang the support line and a really nice young man went all
through the set up with me and got it all tickettyboo again :-)
May be worth ringing them

--
Ticketty᧧

Old May 28th 06, 12:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Hewitt

"Tickettyboo" wrote in message
In news Andy Hewitt whispered softly in my ear...:
Hi All,

I'm after some advice as I think I've done something quite stupid!

I had a Belkin F5D7630-4A modem/wireless router that was working ok
until I tried to be a bit clever and put the SMC 7804wbra firmware on
it. The firmware has installed ok but there are a couple of
problems:

A while ago I upgraded the firmware on a Belkin..and it went totally jelly
tots up :-( After trying everything I knew how ( didn't take long cos I
am a numpty) I rang the support line and a really nice young man went all
through the set up with me and got it all tickettyboo again :-)
May be worth ringing them

--
Ticketty᧧

Hiya, Thanks for the suggestion it might be worth a go but not sure that
they'll be too friendly when I tell them I've been fiddling with their
firmware!

I don't suppose you can remember what they did to solve the problem do you?
With a bank holiday coming up they're closed for the next couple of days and
I normally wont get a chance to call during business hours.

Cheers

Andy

Old May 28th 06, 02:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
andy

Andy Hewitt wrote:

Hiya, Thanks for the suggestion it might be worth a go but not sure that
they'll be too friendly when I tell them I've been fiddling with their
firmware!

I don't suppose you can remember what they did to solve the problem do you?
With a bank holiday coming up they're closed for the next couple of days and
I normally wont get a chance to call during business hours.

Cheers

Andy

have you tried a hardware reset ?

--
Eps

Old May 28th 06, 11:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Hewitt

"andy" wrote in message

have you tried a hardware reset ?

--
Eps

Hiya,

I've tried leaving the power off for a bit if thats what you mean. I'm not
aware of any special reset codes or cycles though that will restore any
default or factory settings?

Cheers, Andy

Old May 28th 06, 11:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Andy Hewitt wrote:
"andy" wrote in message

have you tried a hardware reset ?

--
Eps

Hiya,

I've tried leaving the power off for a bit if thats what you mean.
I'm not aware of any special reset codes or cycles though that will
restore any default or factory settings?

Cheers, Andy

There'll be a small hole, normaly in the back. You could try power
cycling the unit with a suitable object pushed thru it onto the micro
switch inside..

Old May 28th 06, 12:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Victor Delta

"kráftéé" [email protected] you know what'sgoodforu.pus.com
wrote in message news:44798163$0$10766 There'll be a small hole, normaly in
the back. You could try power
cycling the unit with a suitable object pushed thru it onto the micro
switch inside..

My Belkin router has a 'restore factory defaults' option on the utilities
menu. Would this not restore the original firmware?

Old May 28th 06, 12:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Hewitt

"Victor Delta" wrote in message
"kráftéé" [email protected] you know what'sgoodforu.pus.com
wrote in message news:44798163$0$10766 There'll be a small hole, normaly
in the back. You could try power
cycling the unit with a suitable object pushed thru it onto the micro
switch inside..

My Belkin router has a 'restore factory defaults' option on the utilities
menu. Would this not restore the original firmware?

Fraid not. I've tried this, as well as multiple resets and still no joy,

Looks like a trip to pc world I think!

Andy