Intermittent internet connection problem

Old May 28th 06, 12:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Victor Delta

Default Intermittent internet connection problem

For the last twelve months I have had a problem free 2M broadband service
via ISP Fast 4 and a Belkin F5D7633-4uk wireless router. However, last week,
after all the rain, our phone line went down (incoming ring trip, often
associated with dampness somewhere). After many hours and several return
visits, a BT engineer finally got the line working again BUT I am now having
broadband problems.

All works ok to start with but after some time, an hour or so, the internet
LED changes to red and the connection is lost. The only remedy appears to be
to reboot the router completely.

The BT engineer said I would have to report the problem to my ISP so that
eventually a BT ADSL engineer could check the line.

In the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions please as to what the
problem might be or whether there are any settings I could tweak etc that
might help matters?

Thanks,

Old May 29th 06, 03:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PhilT

Victor Delta wrote:

In the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions please as to what the
problem might be or whether there are any settings I could tweak etc that
might help matters?

some data would be useful. Attenuation, sync speed, SNR Margin.
http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.htm

Phil

Old May 29th 06, 05:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Victor Delta

"PhilT" wrote in message
oups.com...
some data would be useful. Attenuation, sync speed, SNR Margin.
http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.htm

Thanks. Unfortunately the F5D7633 is not included on the Kitz list and I
have tried what he suggests for the 7632 without success. However, I have
obtained the following. Any help?

Downstream Upstream
Data rate 2272 288
Noise margin 28.9 27.0