help needed, migrating to BE from pipex

Old May 28th 06, 01:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Aosmosis

Default help needed, migrating to BE from pipex

I got an email from BE saying that my modem would arrive next week,
then a bunch of emails from BE saying that there might be some
connectivity issues on the day my modem arrives. I guess this is so
that they can finally turn the pipex connection off and move it to BE.

did anyone else have a similar scenario?

Secondly, how do I make the switch? I have an ADSL modem which feeds
into a wired/wireless router, which shares the curremt pipex connection
to the other computers.
The router has the pipex username etc stored in the flash memory, and
all the PCs have their default gateway set to the ADSL modem.

I am guessing I should first unplug my existing ADSL modem and the
router, and turn them off.

I should then connect the BE box and then on a single PC just have the
IP address of the machine, but leave everything else blank, just to see
if I get a connection and make sure everything is working.

The BE box contains an ADSL2 modem and is a wired/wireless router.
Can i plug in my existing wired / wireless router and configure them to
work together?

Thanks for your help.