What is are normal error rates for ADSL?

Old May 28th 06, 06:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Default What is are normal error rates for ADSL?

Hi,

I'm getting the following error rates, but don't know whether they are
low, normal or high:

- CRC errors about 100 per hour
- RX Error Count of 9725 based on RX PDU's of 9853123 and total RX bytes
received of 3532993765

The stats are generated from a MaxADSL line syncing at 2400Kbps (but
bRAS profile is 1500Kbps AFAIKT) on a Netgear DG834G .

Anybody have any thoughts on whether these are low, normal or high?
Old May 28th 06, 06:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bazzer Smith

"David" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm getting the following error rates, but don't know whether they are
low, normal or high:

- CRC errors about 100 per hour
- RX Error Count of 9725 based on RX PDU's of 9853123 and total RX bytes
received of 3532993765

The stats are generated from a MaxADSL line syncing at 2400Kbps (but bRAS
profile is 1500Kbps AFAIKT) on a Netgear DG834G .

Anybody have any thoughts on whether these are low, normal or high?

Sound low to me something like 1 in 50,000???
Would you notice one bean missing from a can of 50,000?

Old May 28th 06, 06:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Bazzer Smith wrote:

Sound low to me something like 1 in 50,000???
Would you notice one bean missing from a can of 50,000?

Funny you should say that because Tesco's weren't very sympathetic when
I took my baked beans back yesterday for this very reason :-)

Seriously though, thanks Bazzer as you say it's a very small %age.

Thanks, David
Old May 29th 06, 02:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PhilT

David wrote:

- CRC errors about 100 per hour

that's maybe medium or low to medium. I have a line with zero, for
example, and another that has two hundred after a few days.

Equally, I have seen several hundred per hour.

Phil