Modem Help required

Old May 28th 06, 09:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JF

Default Modem Help required

A friend's computer has just been reformatted and he has asked me to
install the software for his modem. He has a Speedtouch 330(Silver)
which was provided to him by wanadoo, but he has lost the driver disc.
He recently switched to Virgin and used the same modem. His father in
law is also on virgin, and uses a Speedtouch 330 but is a different
looking model (black), the disc he got off his father in law is a virgin
branded disc, if I install the modem drivers from the virgin disc will
they still work with his silver modem.

Thanks
John
Old May 28th 06, 10:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

In message , JF
wrote

http://www.speedtouch.co.uk/330.asp

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Old May 28th 06, 11:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

On Sun, 28 May 2006 20:43:10 GMT, JF wrote:

A friend's computer has just been reformatted and he has asked me to
install the software for his modem. He has a Speedtouch 330(Silver)
which was provided to him by wanadoo, but he has lost the driver disc.
He recently switched to Virgin and used the same modem. His father in
law is also on virgin, and uses a Speedtouch 330 but is a different
looking model (black), the disc he got off his father in law is a virgin
branded disc, if I install the modem drivers from the virgin disc will
they still work with his silver modem.

Thanks
John

Your best bet is probably to download the standard driver from
http://www.speedtouch.co.uk/330.asp rather than using any ISP supplied
disc.