TalkTalk

Old May 30th 06, 10:58 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
CLUCAS

Default TalkTalk

I am thinking of signing up to TalkTalk (http://www.talktalk.co.uk) the
free calls and broadband have attracted me...

Has anyone signed up....or know something I don't about them? Is it overall
a decent service?

Thanks

Chris

Old May 30th 06, 11:32 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Alasdair

On Tue, 30 May 2006 21:58:59 GMT, "CLUCAS"
wrote:

I am thinking of signing up to TalkTalk (http://www.talktalk.co.uk) the
free calls and broadband have attracted me...

Has anyone signed up....or know something I don't about them? Is it overall
a decent service?

Thanks

Chris

I signed up for it but I am now having great difficulty connecting to
their broadband. Admittedly, I don't want to use the modem and
software they provided and instead I want to use a wireless router but
the system doesn't want to play.

I'll have more news once I have heard from them about my problems. If
you're into downloading big files, there's a monthly cap on how much
you can download.

If you want to talk to one of their techies on the phone, there is a
charge of 2.

--
Alasdair.
Old May 30th 06, 11:48 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 30 May 2006, Alasdair wrote:

instead I want to use a wireless router but the system doesn't want to play.

Assuming you have your TalkTalk login details from a letter or e-mail, I hope
you saw my follow-up posting earlier today:

Subject: Using a wireless router/modem to access TalkTalk's ADSL broadband
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 19:44

(depends on newsreader you use as to whether the first would work). Peter M.
Old May 30th 06, 11:48 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
CLUCAS

wrote:

[...]

I too will want to use a wireless router. I've heard their support is not
too great...but im not too bothered providing everything works. Its an 18
month contract.....so is it a case of, if the service is really bad, you're
stuffed for 18 months? or is there a cancellation period?

Cheers

Old May 31st 06, 12:04 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
SoWeezy

so is it a case of, if the service is really bad, you're stuffed for 18
months?

it's not IF, it's WHEN

and yes

or is there a cancellation period?

ever the optimist (c;

Old May 31st 06, 12:11 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Ough

"CLUCAS" wrote in message
news
I am thinking of signing up to TalkTalk (http://www.talktalk.co.uk) the
free calls and broadband have attracted me...

Oh God, no! you've not read the bad reports?

All I will say is - wait until 1st June - there will be a new entrant to the
free BB market that will have heads turning.

Old May 31st 06, 12:11 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 30 May 2006, "CLUCAS" wrote:

if the service is really bad, you're stuffed for 18 months?

There has been mention of a 70 pound cancellation fee.
Old May 31st 06, 12:42 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Alasdair

On Wed, 31 May 2006 00:11:44 +0100, poster
wrote:

There has been mention of a 70 pound cancellation fee.

We'll have to see what the small print says. They'll have a job
enforcing the 70 fee if the service is not fit for its purpose or as
described. It was advertised as an ADSL service and ADSL should work
with a wireless router.

--
Alasdair.
Old May 31st 06, 12:52 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Lee

"Simon Ough" wrote in message
"CLUCAS" wrote in message
news
I am thinking of signing up to TalkTalk (http://www.talktalk.co.uk) the
free calls and broadband have attracted me...

Oh God, no! you've not read the bad reports?

All I will say is - wait until 1st June - there will be a new entrant to
the free BB market that will have heads turning.

What colour is the future ?

Old May 31st 06, 01:09 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Faulkner

In message , Alasdair
writes
wrote:

There has been mention of a 70 pound cancellation fee.

We'll have to see what the small print says. They'll have a job
enforcing the 70 fee if the service is not fit for its purpose or as
described.

Talk Talk wont have any difficulty enforcing the fee. They will just
take the money and leave it to the customer to recover it.

--
Richard Faulkner